any useful university summer school available?

Watch
help_me_learn
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
if you happen to know any summer schools or residential trips available to a univeristy for medicine, science or maths/accountancy please let me know.
PetitePanda
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
What form of education are you in?
peaerhead7997
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
I recommend Oxford's UNIQ and the Sutton Trust summer schools (you can have a summer school at one of handful of universities) - they both cover medicine, science and maths though I'm not sure about accounting. These are only for state school students in year 12 though, I think. I went on UNIQ and Sutton Trust at Cambridge for Maths in 2019 so you can ask about them if you're interested.
yaseen1000
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Bitesize uni (Y12)/Partners (Y13) for Newcastle Uni and I think Durham do one through their supported progression scheme
help_me_learn
Rep:
?
(Original post by PetitePanda)
What form of education are you in?
im currently studying in college. year 12
help_me_learn
Rep:
?
(Original post by yaseen1000)
Bitesize uni (Y12)/Partners (Y13) for Newcastle Uni and I think Durham do one through their supported progression scheme
thank you
help_me_learn
Rep:
?
(Original post by icemaster523)
I recommend Oxford's UNIQ and the Sutton Trust summer schools (you can have a summer school at one of handful of universities) - they both cover medicine, science and maths though I'm not sure about accounting. These are only for state school students in year 12 though, I think. I went on UNIQ and Sutton Trust at Cambridge for Maths in 2019 so you can ask about them if you're interested.
ok thank you. will do
Naava
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Try the sutton trust website 👍🏻
mnot
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by help_me_learn)
if you happen to know any summer schools or residential trips available to a univeristy for medicine, science or maths/accountancy please let me know.
Just hammer home the point Sutton Trust was setup exactly for this, some unis have since formed their own ones such as Oxford but they were part of the original Sutton Trust 13.

Never took part in it, but in the summer I see the people who do it at Notts, it looks like a great experience, the undergrad students are all on holiday so the campus is quiet & you stay in uni catered halls on campus and its ran on campus in the uni facilities.
PetitePanda
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by help_me_learn)
im currently studying in college. year 12
Apart from the programmes people have suggested, there's Leeds access, Sunderland uni first choice, Durham supported progression, northumbria nu entry, smart futures, social mobility foundations, teeside residential, edge hill residential, Robinson college residential, next step york, Warwick scholars
Megan_1309
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Name:  AE748A0D-676D-4279-B761-4581872F059A.jpg.jpeg
Views: 63
Size:  20.1 KB
azby1098
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
i’ve applied to durham ST for geog, and it said that we would be emailed by 3/4, but i haven’t received any emails.

has anyone else applied for durham sutton trust 2020?
Last edited by azby1098; 9 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (66)
17.74%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (105)
28.23%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (141)
37.9%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (48)
12.9%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (12)
3.23%

Watched Threads