?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
how can i stop hating what i look like?
smurfontheseboys
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
just **** what people think. im reasonably good looking but thought i was clapped for a good year delaying me with my crushes. go gym be more full of urself, not saying repeat to urself ur good looking narcisitically but yk check urself out every now and then. approach any girl u see.

doubt ur ugly tho, ik the most clapped dudes that look noncy+still pull. probs by those personality girls
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by smurfontheseboys)
just **** what people think. im reasonably good looking but thought i was clapped for a good year delaying me with my crushes. go gym be more full of urself, not saying repeat to urself ur good looking narcisitically but yk check urself out every now and then. approach any girl u see.

doubt ur ugly tho, ik the most clapped dudes that look noncy+still pull. probs by those personality girls
i’m a girl
smurfontheseboys
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
same appliestbh. easier to get laid. u obvs have a better chance at higher confidence since all ur mates will spam queen and slay under ur insta posts. just dont attract goofy or prestige. usually the quiet girls attract me. no matter how hot u are if ur ghetto you'll never attract a decent dude
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
same appliestbh. easier to get laid. u obvs have a better chance at higher confidence since all ur mates will spam queen and slay under ur insta posts. just dont attract goofy or prestige. usually the quiet girls attract me. no matter how hot u are if ur ghetto you'll never attract a decent dude
no one comments on my ig posts actually but thanks anyone else
Kesh17
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Start respecting every part of your body, remember no one is perfect by personality or looks. What we should do is love our perfections and respect our imperfections. People may or may not judge you, but you keep your head up and always remember that it is your body and you should love yourself because you u are with it! ❤️
ARCDN
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by big-L)
Is there anything in particular that really bothers you about your appearance?

Have you tried doing any exercise? Not only will you notice you look and feel fitter and healthier, but the endorphins that physical activity releases can really help you mentally as well, which might be just what you need if you're feeling a bit down in the dumps.
india202
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by big-L)
Everyone feels insecure about something. You've just got to focus on the bits you like. I used to cringe every time someone took a photo of me because I have a gross forehead.
smurfontheseboys
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
no one comments on my ig posts actually but thanks anyone else
u dont need validation from others. aint nobody got time to complain bout being ugly. insecure girls are the last any guy wants. gl
mors13
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by big-L)
well tbh thats all up to you but its **** to be depressed about your looks, its not all that matters. ur probably not as ugly as u think u are and ur most likely just comparing urself to others - personality matters more than looks so focus more on not being down about ur looks but boasting ur personality to make others like u more
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
u dont need validation from others. aint nobody got time to complain bout being ugly. insecure girls are the last any guy wants. gl
i don’t care that much what others think (i do kind of but not that much) it’s more what i think when i look in the mirror. i’m so pale and i have really light features
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ARCDN)
Is there anything in particular that really bothers you about your appearance?

Have you tried doing any exercise? Not only will you notice you look and feel fitter and healthier, but the endorphins that physical activity releases can really help you mentally as well, which might be just what you need if you're feeling a bit down in the dumps.
i don’t like my skin colour (i have no colour to me whatsoever). i have thin eyebrows and my nose is big and my eye bags get so bad
i feel like crying even writing this
india202
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
i don’t like my skin colour (i have no colour to me whatsoever). i have thin eyebrows and my nose is big and my eye bags get so bad
I mean, those aren't neccesarily bad things? But if u rlly are feeling self concious - fake tan? Try the eyelure eyebrow dye, it's super cheap and is the same as tinting, makes ur eyebrows look bomb. I'm sure ur rlly pretty, don't think about yourself like that x
jdkffs hello
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hating the way you look is all too common. Almost everyone has gone through questioning themselves and their attractiveness at some point (even those supermodels on Love Island!) now that begs the question, all these supermodels are seemingly perfect - how could they have body insecurities? The answer is that insecurities lie within us and have ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with how we actually look, no matter how much it may seem like this.
It’s all to do with attitude.

So just remember, you are not alone and this problem is not solved by radical action, but by continuous positive reinforcement. Surround yourself by people who make you feel good about yourself. Any time you feel like criticising yourself, focus on what makes you so brilliant.
You’re so much more than your face, be that pretty or ugly.
Slowly but surely, lie to yourself about how you feel. Look in the mirror and tell yourself that you are beautiful. At first, it will feel like a lie, but the more you think about it, the more you’ll realise the things that make you so beautiful.

Physical beauty is overrated - ensure you spread warmth by having a beautiful heart.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by big-L)
When I’m feeling bad about my appearance or my confidence is low, I have some songs that I will listen to like the classic ‘Truth Hurts’ by Lizzo (or any lizzo song really). Then I like to put do something like paint my nails, do a face mask, curl my hair or something, some self-care. When I feel bad about how I look it’s usually because I’ve not put much effort into my appearance (washing my face properly, needing to wash my hair etc.). I know these are pretty specific and won’t work for everyone but I really do recommend just showing yourself some love, put some hand cream on, some lip balm, wash your face anything that will make you feel a bit fresher and like you’ve put effort in. I hope this helps in some way. Remember: appearances really don’t matter, I know it’s said a lot, but ones appearance is just another (not even particularly interesting) aspect of oneself. It isn’t defining and it doesn’t change who you are. Confidence hasn’t got anything to do with how you look or your intelligence or whatever, it’s about how you view yourself. You don’t need to look like a supermodel to feel good about how you look, you don’t need to look like anyone to feel good. You just have to appreciate yourself and your body for all of the amazing things it can do because it is able to do so much more than look good. If this does persist, be sure to talk to someone, whether it be your doctor, a teacher, a hotline etc. because it could be serious. Look after yourself. You are valued.
smurfontheseboys
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
i don’t care that much what others think (i do kind of but not that much) it’s more what i think when i look in the mirror. i’m so pale and i have really light features
if it helps, i like pale girls. im sometimes like that then remember im the ****. do things u enjoy. go gym/get fit, whiten teeth, skincare, manicures, small things will make u more confident and guys will b fighting 4 u
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by jdkffs hello)
Physical beauty is overrated - ensure you spread warmth by having a beautiful heart.
❤️
ARCDN
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
By no colour, do you mean you have pale skin? Everybody is different, but at least your skin colour (if I have guessed correctly) comes with no stigma attached to it. Don't worry about your eyebrows - they can be filled in with makeup, semi-permanently microbladed or even tattooed on if/when you're old enough. I, too, suffer from eyebags. I have tried every skin treatment going but as I grew older I eventually realised that that's just the way my face looks. My eye sockets are a little deeper than other people's and no matter how hard I tried i couldn't remove these "dark circles" - they only looked dark because they are deeper, not because I was tired/ had something wrong with me!
As for your nose, that is what makes you, you! You are unique and I'm sure you are beautiful despite what you see when you look in the mirror. I know it's very cliche and easy to say but practising a healthy lifestyle with plenty of fruit and veg in your diet, and frequent exercise can make a massive impact on the way you perceive yourself. Think positive, I promise things will get better.
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by big-L)
For you what justifies a good looking person.

I’m a girl, 17 and till August 2018 I used to hate the way I looked and all. I used to ask people for reassurance and they’ll say you’re pretty and I’ll be like you’re lying. But now every morning when I look in the mirror I say to myself you’re so pretty, you’re looking gorgeous and all stuff like that 🤣

I think if you stop comparing yourself to other people then you’d realise your importance more because tbh those other people also may feel insecure when they think someone is pretty. People just don’t tend to share all that
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
For you what justifies a good looking person.

I’m a girl, 17 and till August 2018 I used to hate the way I looked and all. I used to ask people for reassurance and they’ll say you’re pretty and I’ll be like you’re lying. But now every morning when I look in the mirror I say to myself you’re so pretty, you’re looking gorgeous and all stuff like that 🤣

I think if you stop comparing yourself to other people then you’d realise your importance more because tbh those other people also may feel insecure when they think someone is pretty. People just don’t tend to share all that
dark skin, dark eyes, dark hair, looking good without makeup.
i’m the opposite
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (491)
59.52%
Yes- I don't like it (43)
5.21%
No- I want it (235)
28.48%
No- I don't want it (56)
6.79%

Watched Threads