The Student Room Group

Feeling distant from bf

We've had and still have problems but nothing huge (no cheating etc). I feel pretty distant from my bf, even when we are physically close (emotional distance is the problem). We used to stay up for hours talking about everything, ourselves, our future, debating random topics, etc. Now it's just obligatory stuff like how's your day etc, conversation that could easily dry up and is more like friend convo. Due to revision and better sleep habits we respond every few hours rather than quickfire convos late at night. I have to ask him about his life, he doesn't really volunteer info (I'm gap year he's at uni). He doesn't open up at all, it's like talking to a stranger sometimes. I feel as though he is checking out of the relationship and we are drifting to eventually split. I feel like I'm a pretty low priority in his life, and have felt for months he doesn't really like me. He insists he does and says he hasn't pursued anyone at uni because he still sees a future with me.

Any advice or anyone else experience similar?
Original post by Anonymous
We've had and still have problems but nothing huge (no cheating etc). I feel pretty distant from my bf, even when we are physically close (emotional distance is the problem). We used to stay up for hours talking about everything, ourselves, our future, debating random topics, etc. Now it's just obligatory stuff like how's your day etc, conversation that could easily dry up and is more like friend convo. Due to revision and better sleep habits we respond every few hours rather than quickfire convos late at night. I have to ask him about his life, he doesn't really volunteer info (I'm gap year he's at uni). He doesn't open up at all, it's like talking to a stranger sometimes. I feel as though he is checking out of the relationship and we are drifting to eventually split. I feel like I'm a pretty low priority in his life, and have felt for months he doesn't really like me. He insists he does and says he hasn't pursued anyone at uni because he still sees a future with me.

Hey babe hope your okay, this is a difficult one because it is clear you love your boyfriend very much and you don’t want anything coming between you two so next time you see him order in some food or cook a nice meal just talk to him about your feelings calm and honestly I always find resolving things so much easier when foods involved! but yeah I hope you and your boyfriend sort things out soon xx
When this started happening with my ex, I broke up with him. He was too stressed with uni and ultimately it really was not worth giving me the anxiety and worrying if he was losing interest in me. I felt nowhere near to the top of his priorities and he put almost 0 effort in.

Nobody deserves to feel like nothing to their bf/gf.
Reply 3
"Due to revision and better sleep habits we respond every few hours"
If you're talking on text all day, there's maybe just nothing much new to discuss in real life.
Ration the text, and if he still isn't making much effort, that says it all
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous

You have to take a break from him. He has lost interest!

Quick Reply

Latest

No latest threads to show

Trending

Trending