Makee2992
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Keele Student Ambassador)
Just to let you all know, Keele are working hard to try and provide a virtual offer holder day on 4th May instead. They’re also trying to ensure that offer holders have the chance to still ask questions so watch this space!
Do we have any information on how they plan to 'Grade' all of us?
rohitbatra
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Makee2992)
This information would be very useful
Keele Student Ambassador
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Makee2992)
Hi there. Unfortunately the university only knows what the rest of the country knows at the moment. As soon as we hear word, we will update you all!
Makee2992
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi there. Unfortunately the university only knows what the rest of the country knows at the moment. As soon as we hear word, we will update you all!
Not a problem, thank you for the update!
LuLu67
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
@Keele Student Ambassador that is understandable; however, is it possible to know whether current offer holders with achieved grades are affected by this? Other universities have e-mailed applicants in relation to this question, reassuring they will not be affected. Do you know if Keele is going to do the same? As you can imagine, all of us are really anxious. Thank you for your help!
Keele Student Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by LuLu67)
@Keele Student Ambassador that is understandable; however, is it possible to know whether current offer holders with achieved grades are affected by this? Other universities have e-mailed applicants in relation to this question, reassuring they will not be affected. Do you know if Keele is going to do the same? As you can imagine, all of us are really anxious. Thank you for your help!
Hi there! I can’t see it affecting your offer at all. However, I will e-mail the team now and pass on your query. Hopefully they’re able to get back to me today!
LuLu67
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi there! I can’t see it affecting your offer at all. However, I will e-mail the team now and pass on your query. Hopefully they’re able to get back to me today!
Thank you, I really appreciate it
Keele Student Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Thank you, I really appreciate it
No problem!
Keele Student Ambassador1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Thank you! Keele Student Ambassador1 could you please ask for a clarification in terms of current given offers? Given that A-levels are now cancelled, will this affect people with achieved grades (i.e., graduates) in that all offers could become unconditional, and thus the course would be oversubscribed. Speculations have been that it could become a first come first served system in terms of accepting offers, which would be so unfair to everyone. Please as soon as more is known about this, could you please clarify?
(Original post by Dco20)
Thankyou!
The school got back to me with this- The University has raised this with the Occupational Health team and are waiting for their response - we will update as soon as we know.
As for your question on the current offers, as Keele Student Ambassador mentioned, we are waiting until the university gets back to us with more details. We appreciate that it is a stressful time. Hang in there and we will get back to you with answers as soon as we can!
Keele Student Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Keele are awaiting further details from the Government following the announcement on Wednesday 18 March 2020 that no exams will take place this summer. Those undertaking a degree will need to wait for guidance from their own University and we suggest that they contact us when they know more.

Once the situation becomes clearer, and the options available to the University are known, we will contact applicants with further details.

Also, please check the Applicants' Area of the website. Keele will update this as and when information is available. You can find this page at - https://www.keele.ac.uk/medicine/und...pplicantsarea/
Keele Student Ambassador1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by gilbertemmajo)
Thankyou! The only thing is the occupational health check that they require us to hand in by the end of May (it needs to be signed of by GP). Will it matter that we won't be able to complete this at the moment?
I am in the same situation, my GP said they cannot accept any paperwork (to be stamped) until the outbreak is over. They suggested that they confirm everything via e-mail with the university instead...not sure if this would work. Probably they will extend the deadline?
Hello guys! The school sent this to me today- We are waiting for advice from occupational health regarding this but are expecting to extend the deadline and will post any applicant updates in the Applicants' Area on our webpages: https://www.keele.ac.uk/medicine/und...pplicantsarea/

Hope this helps!
Keele Student Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by gilbertemmajo)
Thankyou! The only thing is the occupational health check that they require us to hand in by the end of May (it needs to be signed of by GP). Will it matter that we won't be able to complete this at the moment?
Hi there!

Just to update you, the deadline for occupational health forms is being extended. We are just waiting to find out when the new submission date will be.

Stay safe
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think non-essential uni exams should be cancelled?

Yes, they should be cancelled altogether (214)
52.58%
No, they should still go ahead (57)
14%
They should be cancelled for everyone but final year (136)
33.42%

Watched Threads