The Student Room Group
please don’t cry. just keep on going & reusing & striving to do your best. nobody can ask any more of you. just try your best & work for it & you’ll see good results. & if that’s not motivation for you, just imagine the stress free time after gcses. work hard, get the exams over & done with & then you can relax.
Don't cry, you've got this. :biggrin:
Reply 3
Original post by ellaswords
please don’t cry. just keep on going & reusing & striving to do your best. nobody can ask any more of you. just try your best & work for it & you’ll see good results. & if that’s not motivation for you, just imagine the stress free time after gcses. work hard, get the exams over & done with & then you can relax.

i dont know why but im just crying so much im so scared for the exam and i need a average score of 7.5 or above and its really killing me inside like i dont think ill fit in everything in 15 weeks i have notes i just am so bad at sciences and maths and spanish im crying
Awww wish I could give you a hug right now. Please don't cry. Look, give it your best shot and whatever happens happens. You have nothing to be afraid of! It can be frightening but just think of it like this: you are going to give it your best shot and see what happens. We don't have any control on the outcome itself, only the input.
Original post by daisyfleur
im crying right now so much im so scared for gcses

Take this from a person who’s been there, done that - it’s really not something to stress that much about. I get that it seems so hyped up by parents, teachers, pretty much everyone around you... but in all honesty, it’s not THAT big of a deal. I mean, you really shouldn’t have to lose sleep over it because once you’ve gone through it and seen the other side, you’ll realise how pointless (for lack of a better word) it was to stress it. People like to blow GCSEs out of proportion, I guess it’s to put pressure on them so they can achieve the best results from you.
With all of that in mind, I’d say if you’re feeling stressed, take a walk, clear your head, because revision is virtually impossible when you’re stressed, you just won’t be able to retain knowledge, yunno? Best of luck!
I get it that you are in this headspace right now where it's like "fuk I have this much time left and thiiiis much to do, what, when, HOW". Relax. Take a deep breath and acknowledge that with this time left, your best option is to use it productively and hope hard work pays off (as it always does). You have plenty of time left. Take care and best of luck! x
Reply 7
Original post by NotInTheMood!
I get it that you are in this headspace right now where it's like "fuk I have this much time left and thiiiis much to do, what, when, HOW". Relax. Take a deep breath and acknowledge that with this time left, your best option is to use it productively and hope hard work pays off (as it always does). You have plenty of time left. Take care and best of luck! x

are you in year 11?

also i thank you for your loving support
the world needs more people like you god bless you!
Reply 8
im crying right now so much im so scared for gcses

Ik how you feel but don't falter! GCSE's are simply a step in your left that you overcome, when in the actual exam (which I think you would agree, is when fear is most dangerous) simply build on your past experiences in mock exams and draw out your stores of knowledge. It really helps to know what is being tested on each exam as that reduces any stress felt during exams. Other than during the exam season(s), simply prioritize revision and work through past paper questions as efficiently as you can - attempt to limit background distractions such as a mobile phone and siblings.
Reply 9
Original post by XKangaotiCX
Take this from a person who’s been there, done that - it’s really not something to stress that much about. I get that it seems so hyped up by parents, teachers, pretty much everyone around you... but in all honesty, it’s not THAT big of a deal. I mean, you really shouldn’t have to lose sleep over it because once you’ve gone through it and seen the other side, you’ll realise how pointless (for lack of a better word) it was to stress it. People like to blow GCSEs out of proportion, I guess it’s to put pressure on them so they can achieve the best results from you.
With all of that in mind, I’d say if you’re feeling stressed, take a walk, clear your head, because revision is virtually impossible when you’re stressed, you just won’t be able to retain knowledge, yunno? Best of luck!

thank you so much for your kind support i really appreciate it all im just so scared if i dont remember all this knowledge like im so sad
are you in year 11?

also i thank you for your loving support
the world needs more people like you god bless you!

You are so sweet, no problem at all. x

In year 13 right now. :smile:

Edit: I have a sister in year 11 so I do understand the stress. She is quite moody nowadays and very stressed, however I tell her what I told you: don't be scared. She is afraid of 'bad' results too, but I literally told her that if you work as hard as you can, you should be SO proud of yourself whatever the outcome. Have hope.
(edited 4 years ago)
GCSEs are hard when you’re depressed.
I'm in my 2nd year of A levels and I just wanted to say you'll honestly be fine. I knew a lot of people in a similar situation to you when I was doing my GCSE's and it's because GCSE's are hyped up a lot by everyone (your friends, teachers, classmates etc.). It's really not the end of the world if you mess them up. Remember that this is your first ever exam it'll naturally make you feel stressed so I know how you feel. I was terrified before doing my first exam, but once you do it you'll really just get used to the rest of the exams and the stress dissapears almost instantly. Relax and try your best because there's thousands of people doing it with you you're not the only one going through this. My sister is in year 11 doing them soon :smile:
(edited 4 years ago)
i go through this everyday and realise in 5 years time i wont even think about this, just take it easy there is so much time left honestly, just be smart on how you use your time wisely.
Have fun honestly dont stress yourself too much . Your only year 11 once.
Make memories, work hard and dont stress its not worth it :smile:
hey,
don’t be ashamed of crying - some people find it a good coping mechanism and it’s definitely not a bad thing that you’re able to express your emotions! understandable that you’re getting stressed but it’s actually a good sign because it means you care about them. as important as they are don’t let them consume your whole life because that’s when you’ll really struggle. some useful revision tips would be to sit down and think of some ‘mini motivations’ which are just little things that would encourage you to revise effectively because siting at your desk for 6 hours straight on a weekend definitely won’t dk you any favours. mini motivations can be anything from having nice stationary you like to use or even having your favourite drink with you while you revise just to make it a bit less dull and “worky”. i’m reading a book at the moment called “the secret” by rhonda byrne and i’m 25 pages in and it’s already add a difference to me, it’s basically about how to master your thoughts and manifest good things and the law of attraction and it pretty much says you reap what you sow - if you think negatively then the universe will emit these negative thought frequencies back to you and what you didn’t want to happen, happens. i really recommend it just for a bit of uplifting and inspiration. another good book i’ve found helpful is by lucy parsons and it’s called “10 step guide to acing every exam” and it’s full of really useful tips and resources as well. she also has a blog which i recommend you read. imagine results day opening the envelope and getting your dream results and imagine the feeling and let that motivate you. also as much as you feel you want to constantly revise because you’re scared of failing, dont! you need to find a balance between school and social life and you time however you choose to spend it. please try not to get to upset over it, i’m sure you’ll do great!
best of luck xxxxxxxxx
And you turned out to not do them...

Latest