mehul12
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Im currently studying mathematics year 1 at the university of edinburgh, is there any chance i can transfer to ucl or imperial in the 4th year?
Mr Wednesday
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by mehul12)
Im currently studying mathematics year 1 at the university of edinburgh, is there any chance i can transfer to ucl or imperial in the 4th year?
Not sure about UCL, I think this is extremely unlikely at IC. What you could do however is wrap up your current course with a good BSc then apply to one of the Imperial MSc courses, e.g. one of the 9 different ones at the link below. UCL is likely to have similar on offer.

https://www.imperial.ac.uk/study/pg/mathematics/
mehul12
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
so i should change my degree to bsc pure mathematics and then apply for an MSc at imperial in the fourth year? Also, i'm a tier 4 student, is it possible for me to change my degree from Ma hons to Bsc?
Mr Wednesday
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by mehul12)
so i should change my degree to bsc pure mathematics and then apply for an MSc at imperial in the fourth year? Also, i'm a tier 4 student, is it possible for me to change my degree from Ma hons to Bsc?
That would be one way to go, how possible that is will depend on your local rule set, but its usually easy to swap between 3 and 4 year versions of the same BSc/MSci course up until the some way through the 3rd year - where making sure the right project work for the BSc award gets done becomes important. Best to discuss that option with your PT. There is of course the risk of not gaining entry to an Imperial or UCL MSc, but this does look like an entirely practical route.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (53)
28.96%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (15)
8.2%
No I am happy with my choice (101)
55.19%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (14)
7.65%

Watched Threads