The Student Room Group

Paper round

My name is theo (12) and i was wondering if anyone could help me out.
Im trying to save towards a pc abd therefore need money.
I know there is paper rounds but im not sure if im old enough .
If anyone could help that would be great

Theo.
Hello Theo,

Unfortunately, I think you may fall slightly short of the minimum age requirements, according to he GOV.UK a young person needs to be aged 13 to undertake paid work. So if I was you, I’d start the countdown to your teenage birthday :wink: and in the meantime perhaps you could help around the house for pocket money? And ask relatives/neighbours if they’ve any odd jobs/light work you could help with.

Either way, good luck on your mission and very well done for being so proactive and determined in the quest to purchase something you want :smile:
Original post by Theo b 1010
My name is theo (12) and i was wondering if anyone could help me out.
Im trying to save towards a pc abd therefore need money.
I know there is paper rounds but im not sure if im old enough .
If anyone could help that would be great

Theo.

Hi Theo,

I think it's great you have the ambition to work and start earning some money to save for something you want.

Legally you can start working at the age of 13 and there are then still a lot of restrictions on the days, hours and environments that you can work in.

You could always ask family and friends if there is anything that you can help out with to help you earn some extra money - car washing, dog walking, gardening etc.

Sounds like you have the right attitude so keep that determination with you till you turn 13.

Good luck with everything - Sophie.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending