The Student Room Group

Cambridge Theology - Undergraduate - Scriptural Languages

Hi all,

I'm planning to study Theology for undergrad, and I like the look of the Cambridge course. I'm mostly interested in Christian matters and therefore would, if admitted, take New Testament Greek in the first year, and for the remainder of the degree.

I'm also aware that you're allowed to pick up a second scriptural-language as of 2nd year, and I have a few questions. I'd be grateful for help from those in the know:

1). How feasible is this in terms of workload? Does it interfere with the rest of the course?

2). Does doing the second language help in terms of assessment? Do they just use the mark from the additional paper to replace any other paper in which you've got a lower score? Do they in any way give you extra credit for having done the extra paper, assuming a reasonable performance? Is it hard to get the top grades (e.g. 1st or starred 1st), without offering the additional paper?

3). If I did a second language, it might be Hebrew, as that would feed into Biblical studies. However, I would also be interested in learning Latin, as this would assist with things like Catholicism and Medieval Theology. Is there any such scope within the degree?

Cheers

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending