Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Mods, please delete
Last edited by JokesOnYoo; 4 weeks ago
m.aurelius
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Wait so they can see the shoe colour of the person in front and they are asked the shoe colour of the person in front? And is person 188 at the front or the end of the line? After the line is cut by the wind, do they regroup to form another line?

Bit of a confusing way of phrasing things..
DiddyDec
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by JokesOnYoo)
I created a question, i want to see how intelligence you guys are
Stopped reading.

"how intelligence"

anosmianAcrimony
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
They're asked what the colour of the person's shoes in front of them is, and they can see the colour of the person's shoes in front of them. So they just do that. Then they each get a magic bean and they can all teleport home. That seems trivial...?
JokesOnYoo
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
(Original post by m.aurelius)
Wait so they can see the shoe colour of the person in front and they are asked the shoe colour of the person in front? And is person 188 at the front or the end of the line? After the line is cut by the wind, do they regroup to form another line?

Bit of a confusing way of phrasing things..
Sorry it was a typo, i typed it super fast. Each human is asked what shoe colour he is wearing but can only see the shoe colour infront
JokesOnYoo
Rep:
?
(Original post by anosmianAcrimony)
They're asked what the colour of the person's shoes in front of them is, and they can see the colour of the person's shoes in front of them. So they just do that. Then they each get a magic bean and they can all teleport home. That seems trivial...?
(Original post by DiddyDecAlt)
Stopped reading.

"how intelligence"

Updated, typed it super fast
Perfect spelling has nothing to do with reasoning ability
DiddyDec
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Updated, typed it super fast
Perfect spelling has nothing to do with reasoning ability
Spelling can still be correlated with intelligence.
AmoreSognore
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Assuming that there is a pattern, they (the humans) should look at the person in front and say the other color.
For example if the person in front is wearing a black shoe, you could say you are wearing a brown shoe.
Last edited by AmoreSognore; 4 weeks ago
JokesOnYoo
Rep:
?
(Original post by DiddyDecAlt)
Spelling can still be correlated with intelligence.
Nope, if i really wanted to i would type it much slower and run through what ive written a few times to mitigate errors.
Its the thinking ability to matters
anosmianAcrimony
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
''What should the humans say to each other the day before?''

Just plan to have everyone wear the brown shoe. Then everybody knows they're wearing a brown shoe and just say brown. And then they all go home >.>
JokesOnYoo
Rep:
?
(Original post by anosmianAcrimony)
''What should the humans say to each other the day before?''

Just plan to have everyone wear the brown shoe. Then everybody knows they're wearing a brown shoe and just say brown. And then they all go home >.>
But they're given the shoes to wear on the day though, tbh this question is actually really difficult ask your professors and see if they can answer it
DiddyDec
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Nope, if i really wanted to i would type it much slower and run through what ive written a few times to mitigate errors.
Its the thinking ability to matters
The reality of this situation then is that the humans would die on the surface of Venus as the atmosphere is made up of 98% CO2, has a mean surface temperature of 462°C and surface pressure 92 times that of earth, the equivalent of being 900m below the sea.

If that wasn't enough the entire planet is blanketed in thick sulfuric acid clouds that stop all visible light from reaching the planets surface. And lets not forget the volcanoes that are still smoking on the surface suggesting current volcanic activity.
Mathsislove
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
All black shoes would look brown in red light, so everyone says brown shoe
Drewski
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
If you can answer this, congratulations you're a genius
I wont say what the answer is but ill say when someone has got it correct
Anybody can answer it.

You should have said "answer it correctly"...

Given you couldn't do that bit, or type it correctly in the first instance, why should we trust you to be an arbiter of intelligence?
AmoreSognore
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Drewski)
Anybody can answer it.

Given you couldn't do that bit, or type it correctly in the first instance, why should we trust you to be an arbiter of intelligence?
LOL
JokesOnYoo
Rep:
?
(Original post by Drewski)
Anybody can answer it.

Already addressed that, typed it super fast, if i wanted to mitigate any errors i would just type slower on this keyboard and run through what ive written a few times
AnasAbdullatiff
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Interesting question indeed. The strategy I would go about beforehand is quite simple actually. Assuming that the Human can only see the shoe of the human in front of him then the maximum number of beans that could CERTAINLY be obtained is 94. The 188th Human would have to sacrifice his magic bean by saying the colour of the shoe of the Human in front. The next would then know his shoe colour and say it when his turn comes. The next one however will have to sacrifice his bean and repeat what the 188th Human did and vice versa. In such a way they are certain to have AT LEAST 94 beans. Sacrificing themselves in alternate turns to tell their buddy in front their shoe colour enables them to maximize their chances. Also bearing in mind that those who are sacrificing themselves still have a 50% chance of getting it right (ie if the one sacrificing his bean and the one in front have the same shoe colours then he will still get his bean!)
Drewski
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Already addressed that, typed it super fast, if i wanted to mitigate any errors i would just type slower on this keyboard and run through what ive written a few times
No, you addressed typos, you didn't address getting the wording wrong in the first place.

Given you couldn't do that, and then couldn't decipher the plain English rebuttal, I don't believe you're remotely credible.
JokesOnYoo
Rep:
?
(Original post by AnasAbdullatiff)
Interesting question indeed. The strategy I would go about beforehand is quite simple actually. Assuming that the Human can only see the shoe of the human in front of him then the maximum number of beans that could CERTAINLY be obtained is 94. The 188th Human would have to sacrifice his magic bean by saying the colour of the shoe of the Human in front. The next would then know his shoe colour and say it when his turn comes. The next one however will have to sacrifice his bean and repeat what the 188th Human did and vice versa. In such a way they are certain to have AT LEAST 94 beans. Sacrificing themselves in alternate turns to tell their buddy in front their shoe colour enables them to maximize their chances. Also bearing in mind that those who are sacrificing themselves still have a 50% chance of getting it right (ie if the one sacrificing his bean and the one in front have the same shoe colours then he will still get his bean!)
But any ratio of brown or black shoes can be given
For example,
187 brown + 1 black
130br + 58bl etc..
RedTwist
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I created a question, i want to see how intelligent you guys are
Dont bother googling for the answer, i made it myself

188 humans from planet earth have been abducted by alien from Venus, the atmosphere in Venus is cloudy red with strong winds moving South East to North West cutting the single file line of humans and Earth from Venus can be seen changing in colours in the time they are on Venus
The humans are lined up in single file order, each human is given either a brown shoe or black shoe to wear. Each human can only see the shoe colour of the human in front. The aliens ask each human what colour shoe they are wearing, if the human answers correctly he gets a magic bean. If the human answers incorrectly he does not get a magic bean.

A magic bean can be used to travel to another planet from one planet.
The 188th Human is asked the question first, what should the humans say to each other the day before to maximise the number of planet travels?

If you can answer this, congratulations you're a genius
I wont say what the answer is but ill say when someone has got it correct
You didnt make it yourself, this is the same as the men in hats buried in the sand thing lol
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (363)
66.97%
No (179)
33.03%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed