originalbeauty
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I’m a a level student in the last year . I’m very stressed and I’m finding it difficult to balance my subjects and find time for revision. I do biology chemistry and psychology and I’m worried that I’m not revising enough and there isn’t enough time to revise throughly. Also I’m really struggling with chemistry and learning content for biology. I’d anyone has any tips it would be helpful and any tips to revise chemistry.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by originalbeauty)
I’m a a level student in the last year . I’m very stressed and I’m finding it difficult to balance my subjects and find time for revision. I do biology chemistry and psychology and I’m worried that I’m not revising enough and there isn’t enough time to revise throughly. Also I’m really struggling with chemistry and learning content for biology. I’d anyone has any tips it would be helpful and any tips to revise chemistry.
If you start now and take it seriously you have enough time to make a difference.
You cant create time, but there are still 24h in a day.
Decide if you are committed to your studies, remind yourself why you are studying, then get organised, id all your tasks and workload then spread this into your exam timetable so you get a handle on your studies.

Knowing what you are doing will help you be more efficient, make best use of your time and reduce certain forms of stress.
https://www.theexamcoach.tv/the-blog...ble-that-works

Keep it updated and flexible, as well as yourself on target.
flowerscat
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
What methods do you use for revision?

It might help to create flashcards with keywords - keep them with you, and go over them when you have free time - i.e. travelling in bus, etc.

Which exam board are you studying? Some questions have very standard answers (i.e bonding and effect on tertiary structure of protein, role of ADH in kidneys, etc) - it is worth writing out the question on one side of the flash card, and the answer on the other, and testing yourself occasionally - even better if you can do this as part of a revision group.

Don't put all your energy into revising AS - A2 content is usually much harder. Get everything organised for A2 revision before you go back to AS.

If you are a visual learner, you can make flow charts or diagrams summarising key points on an A4 piece of paper. Then put it up somewhere prominent in your room, so you see it all the time. Rotate once a week with a different topic (don't try to put too many up at once - you won't be able to absorb it).

Count down the weeks you have from now till the end of May. Break up your syllabus into manageable chunks over those weeks, depending on how busy you are. Make a schedule, stick to it. There is still time, but you need to get your revision organised, instead of panicking and trying to cram everything all at once.

Once you have finished revision (mid-May ideally), spend the time from then till the start of exams practising as many past papers as you can. Physicsandmathstutor.com has papers from 2010-2015, and the questions are still relevant to the current spec.
Megaman101
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Im in the same spot as you, just got my mocks back with BDD and I’m predicted ABB but I going through it methodically and doing an hour of each subject a day to catch up and stay on top of things
WoopWoo
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Revise smart as well as hard. A trick to memorising things long term is by UNDERSTANDING rather than just trying to cram facts into memory.

E.g when you do something simple such as eating food you don't waste time thinking through different steps. Or you've never sat down to memorize 54 + 27, but if someone asked you that question you could work out the answer. It comes naturally, because you UNDERSTAND what you're doing.

Similarly with chemistry or biology, take some time to better understand what's going on. For example if you are asked about an electrophilic addition mechanism and try to merely memorise which ways the arrows go and try to replicate it you could easily slip up. But if you understand what the arrows show (electron movement) and why they're moving (ie electron dense area attracts to delta positive halogen atom etc etc) you have a better chance of being able to juggle different topics and know how they link together.

Good luck!!!!!!!!
🦁Road to A** 🦁
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by 999tigger)
If you start now and take it seriously you have enough time to make a difference.
You cant create time, but there are still 24h in a day.
Decide if you are committed to your studies, remind yourself why you are studying, then get organised, id all your tasks and workload then spread this into your exam timetable so you get a handle on your studies.

Knowing what you are doing will help you be more efficient, make best use of your time and reduce certain forms of stress.
https://www.theexamcoach.tv/the-blog...ble-that-works

Keep it updated and flexible, as well as yourself on target.
Thanks
originalbeauty
Rep:
?
Thank you so much for the advice and boost of confidence
My exam boards are
Psychology-aqa
Biology- wjec eduqas
Chemistry- ocr a
username4342852
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Thank you so much for the advice and boost of confidence
My exam boards are
Psychology-aqa
Biology- wjec eduqas
Chemistry- ocr a
omg I do biology wjec edquas aswell but struggling so hard and I cant find any resources apart from my textbook
originalbeauty
Rep:
?
My teacher is an examiner for wjec eduqas and she says to use the aqa exam question for revision
xozxexo
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
not going to lie, i haven't even started revision yet 🤫😳
confused 247
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by xozxexo)
not going to lie, i haven't even started revision yet 🤫😳
same, I was meant to start ages ago 🙄🙄🙄💀💀💀
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (74)
22.7%
Excited but a bit nervous (148)
45.4%
Not bothered either way (38)
11.66%
I'm really nervous (66)
20.25%

Watched Threads