The Student Room Group
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website

Westminster BA Film

Hello!
I'm applying to Westminster BA Film this year and I wanted to ask if someone who studies there could tell me if you can work while being in this course. I've heard it is intense and in the 1st year students spend 5 days a week in college, and I would need to work to pay my bills.
Thank you!
Hi there!

I'm Joan from the Placement and Job Department at Studentt Helpp!

I've looked at your question and here's something i have come up with;

First of all, don't forget that your bills are covered in your accommodation rent! It is definitely possible to get a job whilst studying at University. I would suggest that you don't start looking for one until January 2021. Allow yourself some time to make friends and join societies! If you are really struggling to find a job, I can help you out! Just contact us! I would suggest that you go onto the University website and see if you can collaborate with some students already studying there, they will be able to give you the best insight. Usually people DON'T want to work on the weekend therefore being at University and this being the only opportunity will give you a huge bonus in trying to find a job.

I hope this helps, feel free to contact us if you need any more advice.

Bye for now, Joan. :smile:
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by StudenttHelpp
Hi there!

I'm Joan from the Placement and Job Department at Studentt Helpp!

I've looked at your question and here's something i have come up with;

First of all, don't forget that your bills are covered in your accommodation rent! It is definitely possible to get a job whilst studying at University. I would suggest that you don't start looking for one until January 2021. Allow yourself some time to make friends and join societies! If you are really struggling to find a job, I can help you out! Just contact us! I would suggest that you go onto the University website and see if you can collaborate with some students already studying there, they will be able to give you the best insight. Usually people DON'T want to work on the weekend therefore being at University and this being the only opportunity will give you a huge bonus in trying to find a job.

I hope this helps, feel free to contact us if you need any more advice.

Bye for now, Joan. :smile:

Hi!
When I said bills I meant rent too. That is because I'm moving from Portugal to the UK and having a job would be very helpful, and if I could study and work at the same time it would be great.
Thank you so much for your answer!
Best regards
Original post by inessoaresa
Hi!
When I said bills I meant rent too. That is because I'm moving from Portugal to the UK and having a job would be very helpful, and if I could study and work at the same time it would be great.
Thank you so much for your answer!
Best regards

I hope your move goes really well!

Having a job is very easy to find, would you like some help with this?

Joan :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by StudenttHelpp
I hope your move goes really well!

Having a job is very easy to find, would you like some help with this?

Joan :smile:

I really just wanted to know if this particular BA has a lot of course work in order to arrange having a job and studying at the same time. My problem is the amount of time I'll be spending at uni and if it's manageable!
Thank you so much anyways!
I really just wanted to know if this particular BA has a lot of course work in order to arrange having a job and studying at the same time. My problem is the amount of time I'll be spending at uni and if it's manageable!

Hi there!

My name is Alice and I have taken over this Forum.

I understand your concerns, it's very important to know these things before you start studying.

I have done some research for you and come across this link that may help you.

https://www.westminster.ac.uk/sites/default/public-files/programme-specifications/Film-BA-Honours-2020-21.pdf

Please do not hesitate us if you need any more assistance.

Kind Regards, :smile:

Hi there

We encourage every student to take on work experience as part of their Professional Practice module, which aids them in finding work after graduation. This must be completed by Year 3. Students can get involved in one of the film disciplines (photography directing, screenwriting, script supervision, production etc). Please also note however that the Film course is very time consuming for the students as they spend a great deal of their time on their practical work. This is both scheduled and not, depending on the stage of production. The practice work requires them at certain times to work in teams where they need to work beyond the normal University hours and to participate fully in their role. The student would need to have flexible working hours if they wanted to combine study with work.

Best wishes

Kim
Course Enquiries Team

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending