Get Into Tech Software Developer Sky Course

Watch
tashw1992
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi everyone,

Next week I'm starting a 'Get Into Tech' course with Sky. There's a chance of being able to get a job at the end of the course with Sky as a Software Developer (which would be great!).
However, for the unlucky few who don't go on to work with Sky - does anyone know if this course will be beneficial towards getting a job as a Software Developer and for what level? Or even any tips that could help me get into the industry would be a great help

Thanks

Tash
tigglybox
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
hi. when you applied for the course, do you remember how long it took for them to tell you that you had progressed to the next stage of the application process?
Techgirl64
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by tashw1992)
Hi everyone,

Next week I'm starting a 'Get Into Tech' course with Sky. There's a chance of being able to get a job at the end of the course with Sky as a Software Developer (which would be great!).
However, for the unlucky few who don't go on to work with Sky - does anyone know if this course will be beneficial towards getting a job as a Software Developer and for what level? Or even any tips that could help me get into the industry would be a great help

Thanks

Tash
Hi Tash, just wondered how the course was? I have just applied and would be very interested to know what you thought and if it led to work?

Thanks
S
IslahX
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Just wondering if any knew the recruitment process for the programme... I’ve been invited to the next step but I’m quite confused on what the stages are?
Hara23
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by IslahX)
Just wondering if any knew the recruitment process for the programme... I’ve been invited to the next step but I’m quite confused on what the stages are?
Hey, congrats on getting to the next stage! I’ve been invited too so I’d also like to know the answer to your question
IslahX
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Hara23)
Hey, congrats on getting to the next stage! I’ve been invited too so I’d also like to know the answer to your question
Congrats! From what I’ve out online. Someone on the 2016 cohort said there was 300 applications and it was cut to 150, those 150 were invited to the taster day and then from the 150 ...18 are chosen to get on the course. After the taster day you get an email if you are shortlisted for the course... but I’m not sure if the process has changed. I hope that helped
Hara23
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by IslahX)
Congrats! From what I’ve out online. Someone on the 2016 cohort said there was 300 applications and it was cut to 150, those 150 were invited to the taster day and then from the 150 ...18 are chosen to get on the course. After the taster day you get an email if you are shortlisted for the course... but I’m not sure if the process has changed. I hope that helped
Thanks for the info, looks like it’s going to be tough to be selected!
IslahX
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Thanks for the info, looks like it’s going to be tough to be selected!
Hey, just wondering if you’ve heard back for an interview yet?
Hara23
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I haven’t heard anything yet, how about you?
IslahX
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No I haven’t heard anything either, fingers crossed
IslahX
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hey, just wondering if you got onto the course? Did you apply to Osterley
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (313)
55.99%
I don't have everything I need (246)
44.01%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed