The Student Room Group

How to prepare portfolio for MA Animation entrance

Hi everybody,

My name is Kevin. I am a recent university graduate having just completed a BA in History of Art. I am looking to do a Masters in Animation, but have not got enough materials for my portfolio, and am wanting to enroll in a portfolio preparation course at CSM / or other art colleges (please advice which one is the best, and which sorta price range am i looking at?)

Could you please advice me whether or not these courses are good enough to help me to build up a good portfolio for my entrance to do a MA in Animation (hopefully Bournemouth - that'd be a dream)

Many thanks for your help, I really appreciate your patience and advice.

Kevin :yep:
Reply 1
I can't help you on what course would be best suited for you, but by the powers of assumption, I would assume that any MA course would want a fully finalised demo reel showcasing actual animation. I know that most industry jobs, such as movie and game animators, ask for demo reels. I would presume that during a BA you would work towards making a final demo reel but I'm ignorant to the course structure. I think something to showcase your skills and understanding of the subject would be best, but again, I don't know.

Latest