supergrad
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
My sister is struggling a lot with AS Economics (Edexcel) despite doing all possible past papers.. she can't seem to get the hang of how to answer questions to tick off all the marks.. She has been revising intensely using the mark schemes and specification for the past 3 months. Anyone who has achieved A/A* in AS/A-level Economics what if your advice for cracking revision getting a good score in exams?
psukroo
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by supergrad)
My sister is struggling a lot with AS Economics (Edexcel) despite doing all possible past papers.. she can't seem to get the hang of how to answer questions to tick off all the marks.. She has been revising intensely using the mark schemes and specification for the past 3 months. Anyone who has achieved A/A* in AS/A-level Economics what if your advice for cracking revision getting a good score in exams?
Hey, has she tried looking at Model Answers? I personally didn't take economics though I know that there is a lot of explaining that the candidate must do. I gave Islamiyat exams which had 12 and 14 markers which I used to feel so lost with because I didn't know how to write so much but then for about a week, instead of trying to solve the papers myself using the mark schemes, I started copying down model answers for the yearly papers. I just got so used to the writing pattern (not just mentioning the keywords) that I managed to get an A by just that 1 week. Probably doing the same with Economics would help her improve
supergrad
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by psukroo)
Hey, has she tried looking at Model Answers? I personally didn't take economics though I know that there is a lot of explaining that the candidate must do. I gave Islamiyat exams which had 12 and 14 markers which I used to feel so lost with because I didn't know how to write so much but then for about a week, instead of trying to solve the papers myself using the mark schemes, I started copying down model answers for the yearly papers. I just got so used to the writing pattern (not just mentioning the keywords) that I managed to get an A by just that 1 week. Probably doing the same with Economics would help her improve
hey thank you for taking the time to answer this! i asked my sister.. she said it’s been quite difficult finding model answers for economics but she will try again to see if she can find them
Last edited by supergrad; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (56)
60.87%
No (36)
39.13%

Watched Threads