The Student Room Group

High similarity on Turnitin

Just wondering if anyone else has submitted work with a high similarity rating. Turnitin scored my 4000 word assignment at 59%. The high score is the result of 2 appendices being copied from another source, with credit clearly given to the source in bold at the start of the offending appendices. The assignment was looking at HS1 (studying MSc Project Management) and included a project time line with every issue and decision ever made from inception in the 60's right through to completion. To carry out that level of research myself or even just rewording it would have taken months (I had just 6 weeks). Since the appendices don't count towards your word count, AND I have clearly credited the source, I don't expect too many problems. I just wondered if anyone had experienced similar issues?
Original post by Islandlawyer
Just wondering if anyone else has submitted work with a high similarity rating. Turnitin scored my 4000 word assignment at 59%. The high score is the result of 2 appendices being copied from another source, with credit clearly given to the source in bold at the start of the offending appendices. The assignment was looking at HS1 (studying MSc Project Management) and included a project time line with every issue and decision ever made from inception in the 60's right through to completion. To carry out that level of research myself or even just rewording it would have taken months (I had just 6 weeks). Since the appendices don't count towards your word count, AND I have clearly credited the source, I don't expect too many problems. I just wondered if anyone had experienced similar issues?

As long as you have clearly and correctly cited/referenced your sources, then a quick manual check by your marker will clear you.

Quick Reply

Latest