The Student Room Group

Edna / aic gcse

ednas NEVER come up on AQA English Lit... I was revising her today and tbh theres actually a lot to write about her - do you guys think she might come up? Are there any other characters that have never come up yet?
Reply 1
edna as in like edna the maid from AIC? What did you write about her? We’ve not done any analysis on her
Original post by Nadine8
edna as in like edna the maid from AIC? What did you write about her? We’ve not done any analysis on her

well same here - at school we didn't talk about her AT ALL.
However I was looking at Mr Bruffs videos today and noticed he had one on her and the deeper I looked into her character and researched her meaning theres a lot you could write about her.
For example a small thing to note on her character would be that she is deliberately silenced and overshadowed because of her low social standing. Also on the outside - to many of the readers/audience she is seen as insignificant much like she is to the Birlings. However when closely observing her character it seems to be that she plays a huge role. She is the one who introduces the inspector perhaps showing that the working class will bring about a change in society and deliver the truth to the middle/upper class.
I doubt it the questions need to be accessible to everyone
Reply 4
Original post by MoreThanThis11
ednas NEVER come up on AQA English Lit... I was revising her today and tbh theres actually a lot to write about her - do you guys think she might come up? Are there any other characters that have never come up yet?

I don’t think they’ve ever done a question on Edna - our English teacher told us it would be pointless to revise her!

Quick Reply

Latest