Clearing or applying for foundation year Watch

ellessehandley
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
So I applied for the Accounting and finance as well as the Financial management course at Loughborough and was rejected for both due to my qualifications not meeting the requirements.
At GCSE level I achieved a grade 3 first time round in English language and then resat in college and managed to achieve a grade 5. After obtaining my grade 5 I was tested and it was proven that I needed extra time which I did not receive when sitting these exams. I did send my exam arrangements with my application however i do not know if these were considered.
I was wondering whether I should contact the university as I am really dedicated to going to Loughborough.
I was also wondering if i would be best to try and go through clearing to apply for the same course or whether there would be any possiblity to apply for a foundation maths course without going to clearing or if i would need to do this via clearing.
If i was to apply for a foundation maths course what would be my chances of obtaining a place on the course as my GCSE maths is at a grade 6??
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by ellessehandley)
So I applied for the Accounting and finance as well as the Financial management course at Loughborough and was rejected for both due to my qualifications not meeting the requirements.
At GCSE level I achieved a grade 3 first time round in English language and then resat in college and managed to achieve a grade 5. After obtaining my grade 5 I was tested and it was proven that I needed extra time which I did not receive when sitting these exams. I did send my exam arrangements with my application however i do not know if these were considered.
I was wondering whether I should contact the university as I am really dedicated to going to Loughborough.
I was also wondering if i would be best to try and go through clearing to apply for the same course or whether there would be any possiblity to apply for a foundation maths course without going to clearing or if i would need to do this via clearing.
If i was to apply for a foundation maths course what would be my chances of obtaining a place on the course as my GCSE maths is at a grade 6??
Which requirements did you fail to meet?
If you didnt meet them, then why not resit?
Are you sure thats the only reason you were rejected?
Get more feedback from the uni.
emily_000
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
If you want to go to Loughborough University 100% then don't go through clearing, do a foundation course.

Ask the uni if they do accept foundation courses from other universities. (Is too risky to apply to Loughborough for a foundation course) Find a university that can accept you and they do offer foundation courses. Ask Loughborough University if they can accept that foundation course (the foundation course that you will choose to do). If the answer is yes then apply there for a foundation year. If the answer is no then ask another university.

You can change universities after your foundation year so if Loughborough University can accept your foundation course you will definitely have a place there (at Loughborough) in 2021/2022.

Next year in 2020/2021 when you will be doing your foundation course email Loughborough University and ask them what grades do you need in your foundation course in order to get accepted. Get the grades that they want you to have and they will accept you.
Last edited by emily_000; 4 weeks ago
Loughborough University
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi @ellessehandley,

Drop our admissions team an email as they will be able to give you the best advice.

Best Wishes,
Emily
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Loughborough University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 26 Jun '20
    Sat, 27 Jun '20
    Fri, 18 Sep '20

Do you get study leave?