Boris Johnson will defy American threats and make choose Huawei Watch

AngeryPenguin
Badges: 18
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Bravo for Johnson. Stand up for British sovereignty! Do not bow down to Trump's threats and bluster.

https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...-uk-5g-network
z-hog
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by AngeryPenguin)
Bravo for Johnson. Stand up for British sovereignty! Do not bow down to Trump's threats and bluster.
Why are you so interested in Huawei's fortunes?
Treetop321
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I'm guessing there couldn't have been any real prove of any threats from Huawei then.
AngeryPenguin
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Treetop321)
I'm guessing there couldn't have been any real prove of any threats from Huawei then.
Exactly.
Rakas21
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I don’t think there’s ever been proof, just distrust of the links to the Chinese government and corporate lobbying from rivals.

In the case of Hawaii it’s not that they are the only firm we can contract but the only one that can do it as cheaply on the timeframe we want.
It’s Jacob
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Rakas21)
I don’t think there’s ever been proof, just distrust of the links to the Chinese government and corporate lobbying from rivals.

In the case of Hawaii it’s not that they are the only firm we can contract but the only one that can do it as cheaply on the timeframe we want.
The only firm doing it cheaply on any time frame is part of the worry.

A lot of Chinese homegrown stuff is rushed, of poor quality and not worthy is use. Huawei is no different to the Chinese escalators that break and swallow people up, Chinese made lifts that lack basic safety features and crush people when entering, Chinese vehicles that score zero in crash tests, Chinese toothpaste covered in poison and toys covered in lead. China and quality are essentially oxymorons. Huawei should be rejected on quality grounds.

Potential backdoors to Chinese spies - apart from being blindingly obvious and China would be inept not to penetrate a homegrown company, seeing as it is an open goal and the NSA does it with its tech companies - is an additional reason for rejection.
londonmyst
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Pity.
I reject all involvement with Huawei on quality control grounds, same applies to Toshiba and Argos for jewellery.
Awful quality, such a waste of time and money.
Ascend
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago

https://spectator.us/west-huawei/
Ragman75
Badges: 15
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Treetop321)
Wrong the american companies where just being uncharitable with negotiations, and huawei where saying they will do the job cheaply. All businesses in china are subservient to the PRC, china is not a free country
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Ragman75)
Wrong the american companies where just being uncharitable with negotiations, and huawei where saying they will do the job cheaply. All businesses in china are subservient to the PRC, china is not a free country
Maybe so except Huawei has been checked over repeatedly by intelligence agencies on both sides of the Atlantic and has come up squeaky clean every time...
Ragman75
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Napp)
Maybe so except Huawei has been checked over repeatedly by intelligence agencies on both sides of the Atlantic and has come up squeaky clean every time...
You obviously don't know a thing about how businesses work in China, its really irrelevant whether or not on our end we can find out if there have been any systems breaches, and you cant trust any checks inside the country to be truthful. The fact is China is a totalitarian dictatorship, therefore if there comes a time where its strategically advantageous for them to use Huawei infrastructure to conduct digital espionage they will.
Ragman75
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Napp)
Its like trusting a north korean company to do your network infrastructure, yeah you might not have found a breach yet but not finding a breach currently does not mean your system is safe.
Napp
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
You obviously don't know a thing about how businesses work in China, its really irrelevant whether or not on our end we can find out if there have been any systems breaches, and you cant trust any checks inside the country to be truthful. The fact is China is a totalitarian dictatorship, therefore if there comes a time where its strategically advantageous for them to use Huawei infrastructure to conduct digital espionage they will.
And you obviously dont know a thing about digital espionage. I would refer you to John Greys recent article on the matter.
Ragman75
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Napp)
And you obviously dont know a thing about digital espionage. I would refer you to John Greys recent article on the matter.
What you wrote here makes no sense. Try again.
Napp
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
What you wrote here makes no sense. Try again.
It really isn't that hard to read :rolleyes:
BlueIndigoViolet
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Thread brought to you courtesy of the Communist Party of China

Ragman75
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Napp)
Doesnt exist
Ragman75
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Napp)
Prove the PRC does not have final say over all businesses in China
Napp
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Prove the PRC does not have final say over all businesses in China
Umm no?
a) because ive made no comment one way or the other on the matter
b) you're the one who made this spurious claim thus it is up to you to prove it. Not for me to disprove it.
Ragman75
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Napp)
Umm no?
a) because ive made no comment one way or the other on the matter
b) you're the one who made this spurious claim thus it is up to you to prove it. Not for me to disprove it.
a. you have you disagreed that huawei is under the control of the PRC
b. Thats what i thought you dont know anything about china. You are wrong.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (235)
67.34%
No (114)
32.66%

Watched Threads