INEEDHELP.PLEASE
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Has anyone done an OPA interview at QMUL before?

I just want to know:
What people wore?
Are you by yourself or is it as a group the whole day?
What’s the interview like?
What did they ask in the interview?
When did you find out the result of your interview?
dj_ad_1
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
This might help https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5203076
INEEDHELP.PLEASE
Rep:
?
Thanks!
saarahahmed
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by INEEDHELP.PLEASE)
Has anyone done an OPA interview at QMUL before?

I just want to know:
What people wore?
Are you by yourself or is it as a group the whole day?
What’s the interview like?
What did they ask in the interview?
When did you find out the result of your interview?
Hey, I had my OPA interview last year. You can dress casually, but to make a good impression don’t be too casual, looking a bit smart shows a lot about yourself.
I got an OPA interview offer from the department of History, so firstly we were in groups getting to know each other and I had my interview individually after. Don’t worry about getting to the interview room, ambassadors will take you there.
Don’t stress about the interview! The beat advice I got was to remember that the uni was trying to sell itself to me! Show passion for your subject and your desire to learn more, career hopes or what you hope uni will bring to your life. My interviewer made it clear that this was quite informal, and they definitely won’t try to trick you with specific questions. They just want to know about you.

I found out about a week to two weeks later, luckily I got accepted and now I really love uni and I’m sure you will too.

Good luck!!
INEEDHELP.PLEASE
Rep:
?
Ahh thanks a lot! My OPA’s for History too, I applied to Modern and Contemporary History. So is it a group of people to start off with and you do activities like seminars then it’s an individual interview?

(Original post by saarahahmed)
Hey, I had my OPA interview last year. You can dress casually, but to make a good impression don’t be too casual, looking a bit smart shows a lot about yourself.
I got an OPA interview offer from the department of History, so firstly we were in groups getting to know each other and I had my interview individually after. Don’t worry about getting to the interview room, ambassadors will take you there.
Don’t stress about the interview! The beat advice I got was to remember that the uni was trying to sell itself to me! Show passion for your subject and your desire to learn more, career hopes or what you hope uni will bring to your life. My interviewer made it clear that this was quite informal, and they definitely won’t try to trick you with specific questions. They just want to know about you.

I found out about a week to two weeks later, luckily I got accepted and now I really love uni and I’m sure you will too.

Good luck!!
saarahahmed
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I wouldn’t say seminars, so, you get put into your potential advisor groups (which is like your form/tutor groups in sixth form) and they’ll tell you a bit about the school, first year modules and the OPA scheme, then you’ll have your interview. Luckily you’re applying into an amazing dept so you’ll have great people interviewing you. The history department are reallyyyy passionate so like I said before make sure u reiterate your passion!
INEEDHELP.PLEASE
Rep:
?
Ahh thanks a lot!
I’m not even sure if I want to go there. I went to their open day and history taster day and I thoroughly enjoyed it however I’m still waiting on Kings and UCL to get back to me. I’m not sure on what I’ll choose because they’re all top uni’s but the other two are better but an unconditional is difficult to dismiss. Relives a lot of stress so really hard to decide.

I wouldn’t say seminars, so, you get put into your potential advisor groups (which is like your form/tutor groups in sixth form) and they’ll tell you a bit about the school, first year modules and the OPA scheme, then you’ll have your interview. Luckily you’re applying into an amazing dept so you’ll have great people interviewing you. The history department are reallyyyy passionate so like I said before make sure u reiterate your passion!
saarahahmed
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I was exactly like that. QM was my last option, I wanted to go Kings but I enjoyed QM’s course offer more. When I received the unconditional I just took it anyways and honestly QM has been amazing so far. So you never know! Plus bc we all are interlinked as London uni’s you can still do modules with Kings and UCL.
INEEDHELP.PLEASE
Rep:
?
I was exactly like that. QM was my last option, I wanted to go Kings but I enjoyed QM’s course offer more. When I received the unconditional I just took it anyways and honestly QM has been amazing so far. So you never know! Plus bc we all are interlinked as London uni’s you can still do modules with Kings and UCL.
If you don’t mind me asking what subjects and grades did you get at A2? And if I did accept the unconditional it’s basically binding me there so I have to go and can’t change right?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (532)
66.75%
No (265)
33.25%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed