Report 1 year ago
Hi yes! I'm not sure where to access information about this course
RaeB28
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi,
I've applied for the BSc route as they didn't recognise my qualifications for direct entry 😑
Last edited by RaeB28; 1 year ago
Confusedartefact
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by RaeB28)
Hi,
I've applied for the BSc route as they didn't recognise my qualifications for direct entry 😑
Ah thats a shame, I'm currently in the process of applying for the direct entry 😅 but I'm stuck on how to get funding for the course considering I want to do it in London. Tricky.
RaeB28
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Confusedartefact)
Ah thats a shame, I'm currently in the process of applying for the direct entry 😅 but I'm stuck on how to get funding for the course considering I want to do it in London. Tricky.
So far I haven't found any funding options so I'm working like hell.
From 2nd year you can get the NVU loan for half the fees which will ease the pressure a little.
I would like to do it in London aswel but the clinical years is very expensive like 15,000 per year.
RaeB28
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by tmestan123)
hey I have been waiting for a call back from study medicine Europe. I cant seem to wrap my head around how much the graduate programme cost. I know it is around £220 per ECTS. Do you mind explaining how much the graduate programme will cost if I was to do first year online and my 3 years of clinical in the UK. Thank you
Hi yes so first of all the online study is not set in stone. It's only available while we are in quarantine, once this is lifted be prepared to have to go on campus.

The 1st year costs £5,700 to £5800 regardless of whether you do it online or on campus. The 1st half of the tuition and the remaining fee set my SME will have to be paid before you start.

Each clinical year is 60 credits (ECTS) @ £220-£250, dependant on your chosen rotation.
For example, one year could cost you £13,600 (£220 times 60 credits).
Times that by 3 years, you are looking at £39,600. Which is definitely not feasible for most!
Whereas clinical years at Georgia is about £6,000-£7,000 per year

That being said you can rotate between UK and Georgia.
I plan on doing 1.5 clinical years in Georgia and the other 1.5 in UK.

Just doing a year or semester in UK looks good on CV. (there are 2 semesters in Georgia worth 30 credits each).

I hope I've been helpful. Please let me know if there's anything else I can help you with 😊
Tzar_brina
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Hi everyone,I've applied to NVU for the summer intake for the BSc route. Does anyone know if the degree will be accepted by the GMC and how many people have managed to get jobs here in the UK as doctors because I'm aware that there seems to be no information on new graduates?
RaeB28
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Tzabrina)
Hi everyone,I've applied to NVU for the summer intake for the BSc route. Does anyone know if the degree will be accepted by the GMC and how many people have managed to get jobs here in the UK as doctors because I'm aware that there seems to be no information on new graduates?
Hey,
FINALLY someone else doing the BSc route😊
The course is accredited by GMC.
Not sure about the jobs though sorry.
Tzar_brina
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Hey,
FINALLY someone else doing the BSc route😊
The course is accredited by GMC.
Not sure about the jobs though sorry.
Haha I’m glad I found someone on tsr applying at the same time as well! thank you for confirming, I can’t seem to find info online where it says they are GMC approved though! Just wondering, is the bsc route going to be intense as I’m baffled by the idea of doing medicine in 2 months? And any idea if they set coursework and such like UK universities or if it’s all exam based?
Anonymous #1
Report 11 months ago
Haha I’m glad I found someone on tsr applying at the same time as well! thank you for confirming, I can’t seem to find info online where it says they are GMC approved though! Just wondering, is the bsc route going to be intense as I’m baffled by the idea of doing medicine in 2 months? And any idea if they set coursework and such like UK universities or if it’s all exam based?
the GMC accepts all EU medical degrees for full registration depending upon english language skills (taking a guess this isn't an issue). You would need to do your FY1 and FY2 through your primary medical qualification then apply for GMC registration. Additionally following this you would be able to sit fellowship exams such as the FRCPath 1/2 or FRCEM exams. I would suggest calling the GMC, they will give you all the information that you need
Anonymous #1
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
the GMC accepts all EU medical degrees for full registration depending upon english language skills (taking a guess this isn't an issue). You would need to do your FY1 and FY2 through your primary medical qualification then apply for GMC registration. Additionally following this you would be able to sit fellowship exams such as the FRCPath 1/2 or FRCEM exams. I would suggest calling the GMC, they will give you all the information that you need
i've also posted a link to the GMC website page on licensing here https://www.gmc-uk.org/registration-...ical-graduates
RaeB28
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
I agree with what anonymous has posted!

As its a masters degree we will go straight to FY2 and will need to take the PLAB test.
But don't stress too much as SME will help with the registration process and all exams we will have to take.

Yes it will be intense because we are learning a year's worth of work in a total of 6 months. I'm not sure about any coursework but I know there are alot of exams.
Anonymous #1
Report 11 months ago
tbh I called SME and it seemed very very dodgy
Confusedartefact
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by tmestan123)
hey I have been waiting for a call back from study medicine Europe. I cant seem to wrap my head around how much the graduate programme cost. I know it is around £220 per ECTS. Do you mind explaining how much the graduate programme will cost if I was to do first year online and my 3 years of clinical in the UK. Thank you
Hi, I spoke to them, and i can confirm it will cost £15,000 per year for the clinical years in the UK. The pre clinical done online will be £5000 plus on top of that you have to pay £4000 for SME fees.
MedicsQueen
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Beware with the fake accounts, as it is very clear that those who are giving their opinion anonymously are not genuine because a genuine person will never hide their identity if they are truthful.
MedicsQueen
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Well, that depends on the criteria which GMC has made to accept the degree and the primary medical qualification must be in allopathic medicine and must satisfy all of the following criteria.

# It must have been awarded after a programme of study, comprising at least 5,500 hours over a minimum period of years, depending on circumstances.

# Your qualification must be awarded by an institution listed on the World Directory of Medical Schools.

Where a qualification is not listed in the directory they may still accept it if the reason it’s not listed is that either:

the country awarding the qualification is not recognized by the United Nations, or
the institution that awarded the qualification no longer exists or no longer delivers medical education and they are certain the qualification is valid.

# Clinical rotations
You must have done clinical rotations (clinical clerkships) as part of your primary medical qualification, which has given you appropriate clinical experience. This means the clinical rotations:

must have been of an acceptable duration of 5500 hours
included exposure to medicine and surgery
were overseen or approved by the institution you attended
formed part of your overall programme of study.

See more at - https://www.gmc-uk.org/registration-...qualifications

Also they do not entertain the degrees from the university which are black listed.
Last edited by MedicsQueen; 11 months ago
DanEYella
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Those that are considering the online BSc route how are you going to be funding the course as student finance won't be an option I understand?
Anonymous #2
Report 10 months ago
Hi,
Hi , I am a student and I 've applied also for the BSc route and I have to say that they recognise my qualifications !
Studymed318
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Hey Guys , I am from UK and i have apply for Sofia University but i am thinking also to apply for New Vision University. I ve got good grades in my A levels just i am curious how are the things over there because in case of i will not be selected from Sofia's University i would rather like to go to New Vision
F1230
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Anyone here for September intake at New Vision Uni?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should 'Mental health support' be included on league tables?

Yes (271)
75.91%
No (86)
24.09%

Watched Threads