New Vision University Georgia 2020 entry

Watch
F1230
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by supersyed)
Is there anyone who is studying at New Vision University currently who applied through SME. maybe they can shed some light about how it went for them and how they are finding it now.
I am not currently studying there but will be in September. I have friends who are 2-3 years in. SME are always available to help
supersyed
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by F1230)
I am not currently studying there but will be in September. I have friends who are 2-3 years in. SME are always available to help
Have you completed the application process yet
F1230
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I started it early (april last year) because i knew i would have to move house during Entrance exams and wouldnt be able to fully dedicate time to that and mocks as well. I have completed the process and im just waiting for august 13 for results
Jess9700
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by F1230)
Literally 😂😂 and tbf idc if i spent £2500 for me its worth it and those who also went through SME will agree
Not when you can get the same service for 1000-2000 less elsewhere, and also not get pushed or pressured its a RIP OFF
Its a simple process to get your docs apostilled, translated, and signed by the embassy can all be done for like £300

If you would like to throw away an extra £1000-2000 then thats up to you, but as a student community we should be trying to stop students wasting money

If you think that is worth it you are either
A) a sucker or
B) An employee of SME posing as a student, (Which agencies have done in the past on TSR)
Jess9700
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
they've written in their list of services that its guaranteed entry provided there are no entrance exams.
not trying to defend them or anything I'm just researching to see whether or not to apply through them.
No point using them as I explained beofre they are going to charge you either £2500 - £4000. RIP OFF.

You Medical Doorway (Which only charge u the official Uni application fee + th apostille/translation of your docs) usually comes to a few hundred quid (They get paid by the Unis I checked on masaryk website and they are actually listed as an official recruiter) They only do certain unis tho.
They give you all the ongoing support etc.
Or medconnect which are £1400 all inclusive of apostille and translation etc, ongoing support etc.

Or you can just contact the universities themselves and they will tell you what you need to do without any agency

Liteerally no reasopn to pick SME unless you want to spend an extra £1000 -£3000 for nothing.

Also don't believe them if they say you only have a few days to make the choice or we can't keep the place open, they don't control the places,its the universities all they do is post your documents.
supersyed
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Jess9700)
No point using them as I explained beofre they are going to charge you either £2500 - £4000. RIP OFF.

You Medical Doorway (Which only charge u the official Uni application fee + th apostille/translation of your docs) usually comes to a few hundred quid (They get paid by the Unis I checked on masaryk website and they are actually listed as an official recruiter) They only do certain unis tho.
They give you all the ongoing support etc.
Or medconnect which are £1400 all inclusive of apostille and translation etc, ongoing support etc.

Or you can just contact the universities themselves and they will tell you what you need to do without any agency

Liteerally no reasopn to pick SME unless you want to spend an extra £1000 -£3000 for nothing.

Also don't believe them if they say you only have a few days to make the choice or we can't keep the place open, they don't control the places,its the universities all they do is post your documents.
Thanks for the advice I'll make sure to look into these before making my decision
Jess9700
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Thanks for the advice I'll make sure to look into these before making my decision
Yes, look around. If any try to put you under pressure to make a decision quickly then you know that its fishy. Thats how SME have been trying to trick students telling them if they don't sign up in the next few days they won't be able to get a place.

Also DO NOT PAY BY BANK TRANSFER. IF tey ask you to do this its dodgy.

INSIST on only paying by credit card,(That way the bank can easily recover your money should something be wrong) if they refuse to take it, then just go elsewhere.
Last edited by Jess9700; 1 month ago
RaeB28
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi,
Is anyone else having the same problem with SME not replying to emails.
They just seem to be rushing around trying to get students without giving full details.
supersyed
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by RaeB28)
Hi,
Is anyone else having the same problem with SME not replying to emails.
They just seem to be rushing around trying to get students without giving full details.
I did, they gave me about two weeks to fill out and hand in the form after my first inquiry.
RaeB28
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I did, they gave me about two weeks to fill out and hand in the form after my first inquiry.
I wanted to find out more about the online BSc route but emails bring ignored or they repeat the same basic things like they don't know.

I know someone who just started and the way she sounded it was like they were disorganised.
supersyed
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I wanted to find out more about the online BSc route but emails bring ignored or they repeat the same basic things like they don't know.

I know someone who just started and the way she sounded it was like they were disorganised.
I found another agency I'm most likely going to go through if I do decide to go at all, they've been extremely informative and they cater to my needs more that SME do. their fees are more expensive however for what you get I think it's worth it. if you pm me I can tell you more about it
RSomeonenoone
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
if anyone is going ahead and applying for it message me as am going ahead and applying for it, would be nice to have someone in the same boat, am going with the guts
Trust737
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi mate i already applied and got my acceptance letter.
RaeB28
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi,
I've decided to cancel my application because of the problems I've dealt with so far with SME.
I paid the 1st lot of deposit (2k) because they kept saying I need to pay by this time 🙄.
I cant get the money back so does anyone know if I can transfer my application to another student? I've tried asking but again problems there and Its a waste of money if not. I'd rather someone who definitely wants to go through sme have it
libbyab
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi,
I've decided to cancel my application because of the problems I've dealt with so far with SME.
I paid the 1st lot of deposit (2k) because they kept saying I need to pay by this time 🙄.
I cant get the money back so does anyone know if I can transfer my application to another student? I've tried asking but again problems there and Its a waste of money if not. I'd rather someone who definitely wants to go through sme have it
sorry idk of any students yet ( im waiting till I get results to see if I need to apply) but what problems with SME?
RaeB28
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Just lack of communication and organisation.I've decided to go a different route
Jess9700
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi,
Exactly the pressure tactics that I warned people about.
About them making up deadlines that you have to pay them by and demanding bank transfer.
NEVER EVER PAY BY BANK TRANSFER NO MATTER WHAT AN AGENCY TELLS YOU

You may be able to get a refund if you contact your bank, they might be able to pull back the money for you.
ywartist94
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
hi what is the name of the other agency?
Lewis T K
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by ywartist94)
hi what is the name of the other agency?
The ones that I have heard of are SME and MedLink. There is also MedConnect, but I’ve heard less about them
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (188)
38.6%
Take autumn exams (149)
30.6%
Look for a job (17)
3.49%
Consider an apprenticeship (21)
4.31%
Take a year out (84)
17.25%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (28)
5.75%

Watched Threads