Is there something wrong with me?

Watch
rposie
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
I know this sounds so dramatic but I think there must be something wrong with me. I’m almost 18 and boys just aren’t interested in me at all, and that’s fine but I can’t help but wonder what’s wrong because I thought I had a pretty good personality and am ok looking? The only thing that’s ever happened is when I kissed someone whilst I was very very drunk, and it really knocked my confidence to know that he didn’t kiss me because I’m me, but just because I was there. And then my best friend started messaging him which wasn’t that fun for me, but I was in no place to stop her. Now the majority of my friends are in relationships and those who aren’t have at least something going on but I have absolutely nothing going on, no boys even message me at all. I’m not even saying that I want anything at this busy time in my life but I just can’t help but wonder what I’m doing wrong.
Last edited by rposie; 2 months ago
rposie
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by emily_000)
maybe you're not ok looking and you're ugly.
is this supposed to be genuine advice or did you just feel like being nasty?
emily_000
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by rposie)
is this supposed to be genuine advice or did you just feel like being nasty?
genuine advice. You can go from ugly to pretty easily. So no I am not being nasty.
toastt
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I know this sounds so dramatic but I think there must be something wrong with me. I’m almost 18 and boys just aren’t interested in me at all, and that’s fine but I can’t help but wonder what’s wrong because I thought I had a pretty good personality and am ok looking? The only thing that’s ever happened is when I kissed someone whilst I was very very drunk, and it really knocked my confidence to know that he didn’t kiss me because I’m me, but just because I was there. And then my best friend started messaging him which wasn’t that fun for me, but I was in no place to stop her. Now the majority of my friends are in relationships and those who aren’t have at least something going on but I have absolutely nothing going on, no boys even message me at all. I’m not even saying that I want anything at this busy time in my life but I just can’t help but wonder what I’m doing wrong.
hey my dude, don't even worry about it. it's difficult finding someone for you, especially at this stage in your education i wouldn't rush into a relationship for the sake of it. Chances are, you just haven't met the right person yet! you're not doing anything wrong!
Vera Bas
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
don't think much about it, just live your life normally and the right guy will come along. I'm sure you are beautiful, each girl is beautiful in her own way and you don't want any relationship with any guy. you need a serious relationship with a guy who values you and truly loves you, and I'm sure you will find that someday. but just don't get stressed and think a lot about it nothing is wrong with you.
Justbeingmyself
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Have you approached any boys? Asked any out? Maybe try putting yourself out there more and see if anything changes?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (196)
59.94%
No (72)
22.02%
Not sure (59)
18.04%

Watched Threads