Littlegeekgirl_
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
In your opinion would you rather have
An iphone 8 plus with unlimited data, airpods, spotify premium/apple music, and no cracks or an iPhone 11 where it is impossible to get (hypothetical) airpods or spotify premium/apple music, has 250mb data and has a large crack down the middle
seinamercier
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I just upgraded from an iPhone 8+ to an iPhone 11 Pro Max and honestly I wish I didn’t. This is supposed to be the best phone that Apple offer right now but I find the camera terrible and when you take pictures it’s almost as though it has a filter on. I also miss the Touch ID as I find Face ID temperamental and a little unreliable. I know from plenty of my friends who have the 11 that it is even worse. Go with the 8+, it’s amazing! I miss it
Littlegeekgirl_
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by seinamercier)
I just upgraded from an iPhone 8+ to an iPhone 11 Pro Max and honestly I wish I didn’t. This is supposed to be the best phone that Apple offer right now but I find the camera terrible and when you take pictures it’s almost as though it has a filter on. I also miss the Touch ID as I find Face ID temperamental and a little unreliable. I know from plenty of my friends who have the 11 that it is even worse. Go with the 8+, it’s amazing! I miss it
Wow, I am really didn’t expect this but thank you for letting me know!
SomMC1
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Littlegeekgirl_)
An iphone 8 plus with unlimited data, airpods, spotify premium/apple music, and no cracks or an iPhone 11 where it is impossible to get (hypothetical) airpods or spotify premium/apple music, has 250mb data and has a large crack down the middle
250mb of data? thats what i'd use in a day

im in the process of buying the iphone 11 right now
vestigalrex510
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
tbh, I would go with the iPhone 8 Plus.

Why?

Because there isn't much different software-wise between the phones and I would be just as happy with the iPhone 8 Plus.
Anonymous.23
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
8+
vestigalrex510
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous.23)
8+
Apple pronounces it as "8 Plus".

https://www.apple.com/uk/shop/buy-iphone/iphone-8
TheMcSame
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I mean, out of the two? Probably the 8. Data cap is tiny, not to mention the large crack.

In reality? I wouldn't buy either. Why spend loads on an iPhone, or any other of the usual big-name flagship phones when I can just get a Xiaomi Mi 9 for like £300 with all the usual high-end specs?
SomMC1
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by TheMcSame)
I mean, out of the two? Probably the 8. Data cap is tiny, not to mention the large crack.

In reality? I wouldn't buy either. Why spend loads on an iPhone, or any other of the usual big-name flagship phones when I can just get a Xiaomi Mi 9 for like £300 with all the usual high-end specs?
i agree that the 11 the OP mentions is terrible.
but im not a real fan of non-apple & non-samsung phones. i dont like chinese phones tbh. but even an S8 has a good price which is as old as an iphone 8.

i've had the iphone 7 & 8, samsung a40 and now buying the iphone 11. and i like all of the phones.

the only thing i dislike about cheaper phones is their terrible water-resistant levels. my samsung a40's charging and internals got water damage within 5 months and the repair bill was estimated at over £180 which is nearly the cost of a brand new one... in comparison, the iphone 7 & 8 i had were exposed to way more water (rain and accidental water on the phone) and no damage at all... hence, im now buying the iphone 11.
TheMcSame
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by SomMC1)
i agree that the 11 the OP mentions is terrible.
but im not a real fan of non-apple & non-samsung phones. i dont like chinese phones tbh. but even an S8 has a good price which is as old as an iphone 8.

i've had the iphone 7 & 8, samsung a40 and now buying the iphone 11. and i like all of the phones.

the only thing i dislike about cheaper phones is their terrible water-resistant levels. my samsung a40's charging and internals got water damage within 5 months and the repair bill was estimated at over £180 which is nearly the cost of a brand new one... in comparison, the iphone 7 & 8 i had were exposed to way more water (rain and accidental water on the phone) and no damage at all... hence, im now buying the iphone 11.
I mean, you do you, it's (presumably) your money. It's just that growing up, I still vividly remember the time where £400-£600 was about as high as smartphone prices went (including iPhones), so to see the state of the market now where most new flagships are pushing £700+, with some companies even going as far as asking for a grand just for a phone is downright silly to me. Especially with companies like Xiaomi offering flagship phones that aren't being sold for huge profit margins which are easily on par with other flagships on the market or even superior in some aspects.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your university offer been reduced?

Yes (45)
32.37%
No (72)
51.8%
Don't know (22)
15.83%

Watched Threads