saturatedghostie
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi, I just wanted to say I am extremely worried about one of my university offers with Loughborough. I haven't been rejected but I haven't been given an offer either and they are taking ages. All my other friends who have applied to Loughborough have gotten their offers for Chemistry and other subjects but I haven't got one yet.

Do you think they have rejected me and it hasn't gone through yet or I'm in their 'probably' pile? They are the last university I am waiting for so I am extremely stressed out as I can't really respond to my other universities yet because I am still waiting for Loughborough.
Anonymous #1
Report 4 weeks ago
Probably pile maybe at least you haven't been rejected yet so hold on tight
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago
is that how they do it? I didnt know I'm worried now bc I have no offers
saturatedghostie
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anonymous)
is that how they do it? I didnt know I'm worried now bc I have no offers
Yeah cos on UCAS you can't actually respond to any of the other universities until you've gotten all 5 responses. So I can't firm or insurance or anything until Loughborough says something
Ja78975-Junaid
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
your not the only one mate, I applied for Durham University in October and still waiting 🤔
Anonymous #1
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Ja78975)
your not the only one mate, I applied for Durham University in October and still waiting 🤔
I know that a lot of people are applying to university but like wow the wait is so horrible. Especially when it's not in your control. Have you got all your other responses and just waiting for Durham?
saturatedghostie
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ja78975)
oh oof yeah I sent mine in like late November or something :/
Anonymous #1
Report 4 weeks ago
i got my offer in mid jan so shouldnt be so long they have until may to be fair
Ja78975-Junaid
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I know that a lot of people are applying to university but like wow the wait is so horrible. Especially when it's not in your control. Have you got all your other responses and just waiting for Durham?
got offers from York, Lancaster, Manchester and Birmingham and Durham has to be one odd one out😂. The worse thing about this is that Durham is not my first choice.
Ja78975-Junaid
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by saturatedghostie)
oh oof yeah I sent mine in like late November or something :/
Can be like that sometimes 😂
13ybr1024
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Yeah cos on UCAS you can't actually respond to any of the other universities until you've gotten all 5 responses. So I can't firm or insurance or anything until Loughborough says something
Trust me, you wouldn't want to pick your firm and insurance till the last few days. A little extra deciding time doesn't hurt. Also your circumstances might change last minute whcih requires you to be close to home.
saturatedghostie
Rep:
?
(Original post by 13ybr1024)
Trust me, you wouldn't want to pick your firm and insurance till the last few days. A little extra deciding time doesn't hurt. Also your circumstances might change last minute whcih requires you to be close to home.
I guess so I just don't want to be stressing while I have exams
Anonymous #1
Report 4 weeks ago
Have you thought about emailing them?
Loughborough University
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi, I just wanted to say I am extremely worried about one of my university offers with Loughborough. I haven't been rejected but I haven't been given an offer either and they are taking ages. All my other friends who have applied to Loughborough have gotten their offers for Chemistry and other subjects but I haven't got one yet.

Do you think they have rejected me and it hasn't gone through yet or I'm in their 'probably' pile? They are the last university I am waiting for so I am extremely stressed out as I can't really respond to my other universities yet because I am still waiting for Loughborough.
Hi saturatedghostie,

Feel free to drop our admissions team an email or contact our undergraduate enquiries page directly at [email protected].

Best Wishes,
Emily
saturatedghostie
Rep:
?
(Original post by Loughborough University)
Hi saturatedghostie,

Feel free to drop our admissions team an email or contact our undergraduate enquiries page directly at [email protected].

Best Wishes,
Emily
Thank you!!
saturatedghostie
Rep:
?
What

(Original post by Loughborough University)
Hi saturatedghostie,

Best Wishes,
Emily
What would I email? Could I just ask when I could expect to hear a reply? I know the deadline is in May but it's just confusing as other people applying for the same course have gotten a response already
swanseajack1
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago

universities take varying lengths of time and make offers in different ways. Some use a gathered field approach where applications are on hold to assess against later applications to ensure equal consideration is given to all applicants who apply before 15 Jan. You have the option of withdrawing your application to Loughborough unless it is a university you intend going to.

However this forum is littered with students who firm early then change their minds then regret it. There is one such case here today. Do not firm until April even if you get an offer today or soon.. Go to visit days then take your time to decide.
saturatedghostie
Rep:
?
(Original post by swanseajack1)
universities take varying lengths of time and make offers in different ways. Some use a gathered field approach where applications are on hold to assess against later applications to ensure equal consideration is given to all applicants who apply before 15 Jan. You have the option of withdrawing your application to Loughborough unless it is a university you intend going to.

However this forum is littered with students who firm early then change their minds then regret it. There is one such case here today. Do not firm until April even if you get an offer today or soon.. Go to visit days then take your time to decide.
Okay, fair enough thank you!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Loughborough University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 26 Jun '20
    Sat, 27 Jun '20
    Fri, 18 Sep '20

Do you get study leave?