Zsbeee
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
heya any one know any exam tip or techniques for the exam? This is going to be the first mock in sociology and i am stressed out on what to learn.
(i am doing education and families and households at the moment)
username4549044
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Zsbeee)
heya any one know any exam tip or techniques for the exam? This is going to be the first mock in sociology and i am stressed out on what to learn.
(i am doing education and families and households at the moment)
Have you done Research Methods as well?
Zsbeee
Rep:
?
No not yet! I've done families and household and I'm still doing education atm
username4549044
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Ahh Okay. Makes sense as the final part of education paper is "Methods in context" which is using research methods and applying it to education. We did research methods first, then education and now doing Families & Household
Zsbeee
Rep:
?
oh right! Are you in year 12 as well? How are you finding Sociology
username4549044
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
oh right! Are you in year 12 as well? How are you finding Sociology
Yeah, I am. Overall I really like the subject and find it really interesting but sometimes I'm so confused. But my teacher is useless so it feels like the blind leading the blind. So I just bought the textbook and the subject is becoming so much clearer. How are you finding it? What other subjects are you taking?
Zsbeee
Rep:
?
sorry for the late reply! omg same.. my teacher is nice but her teaching is really bad, i like the subject and its really interesting. I'm doing 3 A-levels: Business, Government & politics and (obviously) sociology
username4549044
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
sorry for the late reply! omg same.. my teacher is nice but her teaching is really bad, i like the subject and its really interesting. I'm doing 3 A-levels: Business, Government & politics and (obviously) sociology
It's so painful having a teacher that can't teach
username4549044
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hows the revision going a month later?
Zsbeee
Rep:
?
(Original post by ben_golding45)
Hows the revision going a month later?
It's okay, thanks for asking! I'm just going through some exam questions. Got my mock on Wednesday! 😩
username4549044
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It's okay, thanks for asking! I'm just going through some exam questions. Got my mock on Wednesday! 😩
Ew! my teacher got the boot lmao so we've been given a new one. Good luck, I'm sure you'll do great!
Zsbeee
Rep:
?
(Original post by ben_golding45)
Ew! my teacher got the boot lmao so we've been given a new one. Good luck, I'm sure you'll do great!
Oh wow really! Well good luck to you than 😂. Have you got any upcoming mocks?
1st superstar
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I wish I had done the A-levels you're doing-especially considering that they're "easier" than one's I am doing: Economics, Chemistry, Physics and French. Literally do not enjoy the A-levels I am doing (mainly physics) would have enjoyed Business, Government & politics and sociology much more but yeah good luck also in year 12 btw.
Anonymous_923
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I did sociology at AS and absolutely hated it, I grasped it at first and did okay in education and methods but family is what turned everything upside down. When it came to revision in class for the AS exam, I was hitting and missing in areas that I grasped at the beginning of the year, I felt like nothing was going well in class and I passed but still decided to leave. My other 2 subjects were also destroyed by this one dragging me down. I did not have a good experience at GCSE with sociology either, had a better experience at A level, but I guess that was from pure guesses rather than knowledge.
Last edited by Anonymous_923; 1 year ago
Zsbeee
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anonymous_923)
I did sociology at AS and absolutely hated it, I grasped it at first and did okay in education and methods but family is what turned everything upside down. When it came to revision in class for the AS exam, I was hitting and missing in areas that I grasped at the beginning of the year, I felt like nothing was going well in class and I passed well but still decided to leave. My other 2 subjects were also destroyed by this one dragging me down. I did not have a good experience at GCSE with sociology either, had a better experience at A level, but I guess that was from pure guesses rather than knowledge.
Oh no! I am good at remembering everything for sociology but its just the case of applying the right information to the question and my timing is not that good :/
Zsbeee
Rep:
?
(Original post by 1st superstar)
I wish I had done the A-levels you're doing-especially considering that they're "easier" than one's I am doing: Economics, Chemistry, Physics and French. Literally do not enjoy the A-levels I am doing (mainly physics) would have enjoyed Business, Government & politics and sociology much more but yeah good luck also in year 12 btw
My friend does economics and biology, and she doesn't really like the subject.
username4549044
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Oh wow really! Well good luck to you than 😂. Have you got any upcoming mocks?
yeah my first one is tomorrow for psych. Currently tryna cram attachment
username4549044
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by 1st superstar)
I wish I had done the A-levels you're doing-especially considering that they're "easier" than one's I am doing: Economics, Chemistry, Physics and French. Literally do not enjoy the A-levels I am doing (mainly physics) would have enjoyed Business, Government & politics and sociology much more but yeah good luck also in year 12 btw.
Yeahhhhh **** that haha
username4549044
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Oh no! I am good at remembering everything for sociology but its just the case of applying the right information to the question and my timing is not that good :/
That's the same as me, like I have the knowledge but as soon as it comes to essays i just can't. But its so strange because for psych & history I'm fine its only soc i do ****e at
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (57)
13.9%
Virtual campus tours/open days (95)
23.17%
Live streaming events (38)
9.27%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (39)
9.51%
A uni comparison tool (92)
22.44%
An in-person event when available (89)
21.71%