Toby 8588585
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
Hi i was wondering what other people's experience was with fast track maths. I am thinking of doing fast track with physics and computer science is that possible?
Dancer2001
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
I did it and got an A*. It was really cool to see how much progress I made in a school year. You couldn’t really do it with more than one fast track subject though. I had two other AS levels that year.
Last edited by Dancer2001; 9 months ago
Toby 8588585
Rep:
?
(Original post by Dancer2001)
I did it and got an A*. It was really cool to see how much progress I made in a school year. You couldn’t really do it with more than one subject though. I had two other AS levels that year.
What type of grades were you getting at gcse? Also what did you do along side it thanks!
Dancer2001
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Toby 8588585)
What type of grades were you getting at gcse? Also what did you do along side it thanks!
I got an 8 in gcse maths, but the rest of my GCSEs were 6s and 7s with a couple of 4s and 5s (eg. Spanish - I regret taking that).
I started year 12 with chemistry, computer science and fast track maths. I’m now doing a level further maths.
Toby 8588585
Rep:
?
I got an 8 in gcse maths, but the rest of my GCSEs were 6s and 7s with a couple of 4s and 5s (eg. Spanish - I regret taking that).
I started year 12 with chemistry, computer science and fast track maths. I’m now doing a level further maths.
Sounds good did you drop computer science or chem at the end of year 1?
Dancer2001
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Sounds good did you drop computer science or chem at the end of year 1?
I dropped computer science. It wasn’t hard but I didn’t put any effort in, so I ended up with a B in my AS exam. I also didn’t want to do the project, it sounded like loads of effort for a subject I didn’t really care about.
Toby 8588585
Rep:
?
Have you finished all your a levels and if so what did you get and what are you doing now?
Dancer2001
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Have you finished all your a levels and if so what did you get and what are you doing now?
I’m in my second year now, with further maths (fast track) and chemistry.
I did my maths exam last summer.
Last edited by Dancer2001; 9 months ago
Toby 8588585
Rep:
?
I’m in my second year now, with further maths (fast track) and chemistry
Well I hope it all goes well good luck and thanks for the help
CheeseIsVeg
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Popped your thread into Maths Exams :fyi:
Best wishes :bump:
Well I hope it all goes well good luck and thanks for the help
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (639)
33.51%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (805)
42.21%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (377)
19.77%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (86)
4.51%

Watched Threads