Would you hit back a woman in self-defense? Watch

Poll: Would you hit back a woman in self-defense?
Yes (54)
83.08%
No (11)
16.92%
alalaslglfalg
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Say that a women started attacking you, would u hit her back?
Torigracex
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
As a woman myself, yes. If I was the woman genuinely attacking a man, I wouldn’t be particularly surprised if he defended himself and hit me in response.
Arthur_Morgan
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Yes
anosmianAcrimony
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
No, but I wouldn't hit a man back in self-defense either.
epicman2021
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Probably no actually

I understand that equality = men can hit women, women can hit men

But tbh I don't know any women who could probably genuinely hurt me physically with her hands.

Maybe if she was armed I would hit back, but otherwise, I'm just gonna walk off from the situation and let her cool down/call police.

im not a simp tho
MrMusician95
Badges: 19
Report 3 weeks ago
Yes. Why wouldn't I?
Minxel
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
If I was the woman attacking a man I also wouldn't be surprised if I was hit back. I don't want to be hit, so I don't hit out at all, I'm not violent
Henok Yohannes
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Yes, just don't hurt the woman too much or else you can be viewed as guilty and possibly given a bad punishment, like a fine or a short sentence to jail.
Minxel
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Henok Yohannes)
Yes, just don't hurt the woman too much or else you can be viewed as guilty and possibly given a bad punishment, like a fine or a short sentence to jail.
Do a wrestling take down 😁 🤼*♂️
MiaNova
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Torigracex)
As a woman myself, yes. If I was the woman genuinely attacking a man, I wouldn’t be particularly surprised if he defended himself and hit me in response.
Agree :five:
WoopWoo
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Use defense that's proportionate to the offense. I.e if you're able to restrain the woman then do so without trying to cause damage. However if you're being attacked with a hammer then no one can blame you for acting with sufficient force to protect yourself.
StriderHort
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
*shrug* If withdrawing wasn't realistic.
syrialove1981
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Oh great - women who are enamoured by their own oppression and dehumanisation thinks it’s ok for a man to hit them. Your lorry load of male approval is on its way 👏
syrialove1981
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Your lorry load of male approval has been dispatched 🙄
MidgetFever
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by syrialove1981)
Oh great - women who are enamoured by their own oppression and dehumanisation thinks it’s ok for a man to hit them. Your lorry load of male approval is on its way 👏
What are they supposed to do? Just stand there and take it?
aciana
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Yes he can and I wouldn't blame him if he did.
Torigracex
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Yes, I believe if I hit ANYONE, they have the right to defend themselves, including hitting me back if that’s what they choose to do. I don’t believe it’s alright for a man to just come up and hit a woman unprovoked, the same as I don’t believe it’s okay for a woman to do the same to a man. So, do the female population a favour and shove your lorry where the sun don’t shine sweet heart x
Minxel
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
It's not OK for anyone to hit anyone, I don't think, but you habr to be able to defend yourself. Some woman go apes**t and can really hurt a man, especially if they're of equal height and size. I look at it in terms of my younger brother, if some woman was hitting him over and over, I would never expect him to stand there and take it. He did though, when one of his exes kicked him for no reason.
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Yes.
I'm female and would defend myself or my property from a female thug/criminal/lunatic.
I'd do the same to any man that violently attacked me and would expect any man to defend himself against me if I attacking him first.
syrialove1981
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Yes, I believe if I hit ANYONE, they have the right to defend themselves, including hitting me back if that’s what they choose to do. I don’t believe it’s alright for a man to just come up and hit a woman unprovoked, the same as I don’t believe it’s okay for a woman to do the same to a man. So, do the female population a favour and shove your lorry where the sun don’t shine sweet heart x
Pathetic. Do you know how ridiculous you sound.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your university offer been reduced?

Yes (53)
30.64%
No (90)
52.02%
Don't know (30)
17.34%

Watched Threads