Anonymou5l
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Is anyone studying law @ aston?

If so I have a few questions:

1. How many semesters are there in a year?
2. How many exams/assignments are includes in each module?
3. Is it really intense - like alot of reading? If so how do you manage your time? (to do reading, lecture notes, revision) What is your schedule?
I'd appreciate it if someone can answer these questions
StudenttHelpp
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi there!

Happy to help!

After some research and talking to some students that work with us, here is what I have been able to come up with;

1. There are 3 semesters in a year.
2. Assessments are a mixture of coursework and examinations, a student advised us that there are around 6-9 examinations per module (subject to change)
3. Yes, it is a lot of work, it is a law degree. One of our students said "I would recommend taking a year on placement if you can. It will give you time to catch up on work after the 2nd year and enable you to dive headfirst into the industry and see what field of law you want to go into. Do not get a job unless your lectures are 1/2 week heavy otherwise you will be exhausted."

A HELPFUL LINK: https://www2.aston.ac.uk/study/courses/law-llb

We really hope that this answers your questions. If you need anything else, do not hesitate to contact us and we can give you more feedback.

X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (405)
67.95%
No (191)
32.05%

Watched Threads