RayneDavenport
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hey there, I've applied for Social work at Lancaster. I'm posting to see if anyone else has? I have got my interview date on the 12th and I'm terrified for the written assessment!
Has anyone done this before? Any advice?
Zlorgat22
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi, I had my interview at Lancaster for social work a few weeks back, I was nervous at first but it was actually quite enjoyable!
The interview was more of a discussion, she asked me about my personal statement and then a few questions like 'how would you feel when working in a team with different beliefs and values?'.
After that it was the group interview, there were two interviewers and four of us all together, we were given a case study and then we had to discuss it. they were assessing us on our understanding of the role of a social worker and our communication skills.
Finally, the written exam, we were given an article on material deprivation and the impacts of poverty. we had three questions each of which we had to write under 200 words.
RayneDavenport
Rep:
?
(Original post by Zlorgat22)
Hi, I had my interview at Lancaster for social work a few weeks back, I was nervous at first but it was actually quite enjoyable!
The interview was more of a discussion, she asked me about my personal statement and then a few questions like 'how would you feel when working in a team with different beliefs and values?'.
After that it was the group interview, there were two interviewers and four of us all together, we were given a case study and then we had to discuss it. they were assessing us on our understanding of the role of a social worker and our communication skills.
Finally, the written exam, we were given an article on material deprivation and the impacts of poverty. we had three questions each of which we had to write under 200 words.
I am terrible with written tasks, I'm honestly so nervous haha. Have you heard anything back yet?
Zlorgat22
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by RayneDavenport)
I am terrible with written tasks, I'm honestly so nervous haha. Have you heard anything back yet?
The written test is mostly to assess your English skills. remember they offered you an interview so they clearly want you
and yes !!! I've got a conditional offer of BBB
RayneDavenport
Rep:
?
(Original post by Zlorgat22)
The written test is mostly to assess your English skills. remember they offered you an interview so they clearly want you
and yes !!! I've got a conditional offer of BBB
Mind if I ask where else you applied? I'm assuming you went for Social work for your other choices?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (370)
58.82%
Yes- I don't like it (34)
5.41%
No- I want it (180)
28.62%
No- I don't want it (45)
7.15%

Watched Threads