am91970
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
how did you revise for geography gcse to get a 9?
entertainmyfaith
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
hi, i did wjec but my advice can probably be applied to all exam boards
know your processes, especially in physical geography. do diagrams, flashcards... and keep going over them. i used a my revision notes guide to help me with notes and understanding of concepts- found their formatting so nice and their practice questions were really good. definitely recommend purchasing a copy of theirs if they have one for your exam board.
ensure you're familiar with the findings and methodology in your fieldwork so you can discuss it in paper 3. do loads of practice questions, there's not tons available freely online but use what you can get eg. revision guides and textbooks will have lots of questions.
mikela
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
hi! i did edexcel b and i got a 9, and i'm doing a level geography. is there anything in specific that you would like advise on (e.g. content, exam structure etc.)? i'll be more than willing to help
am91970
Rep:
?
(Original post by entertainmyfaith)
hi, i did wjec but my advice can probably be applied to all exam boards
know your processes, especially in physical geography. do diagrams, flashcards... and keep going over them. i used a my revision notes guide to help me with notes and understanding of concepts- found their formatting so nice and their practice questions were really good. definitely recommend purchasing a copy of theirs if they have one for your exam board.
ensure you're familiar with the findings and methodology in your fieldwork so you can discuss it in paper 3. do loads of practice questions, there's not tons available freely online but use what you can get eg. revision guides and textbooks will have lots of questions.
okay thankyou so much
am91970
Rep:
?
(Original post by mikela)
hi! i did edexcel b and i got a 9, and i'm doing a level geography. is there anything in specific that you would like advise on (e.g. content, exam structure etc.)? i'll be more than willing to help
thankyou and well done for getting that 9! i just wanted to know how u revised all the content, especially topic 4 because i feel there is so much and everything is so confusing
entertainmyfaith
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by am91970)
okay thankyou so much
no worries, good luck with your gcses
mikela
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by am91970)
thankyou and well done for getting that 9! i just wanted to know how u revised all the content, especially topic 4 because i feel there is so much and everything is so confusing
if i'm correct, topic 4 is physical (coasts, rivers), right?
one thing that helped me is learning case studies to a great amount of detail through mindmaps and diagrams, it helped me apply the processes into the real world so i found it easier to revise. as well as this, if i struggled with the foundations of the topic i used seneca and the edexcel flashcards, which sum up processes incredibly well! when i felt confident with the theory, i would do exam questions (which there weren't many because i sat the exams in 2018!) and familiarise myself with the structure. there were some youtube videos and websites which i found very helpful with topic 4, i will pm it to you later today! (please remind me haha)
good luck with everything! you'll do it brilliantly!
am91970
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by mikela)
if i'm correct, topic 4 is physical (coasts, rivers), right?
one thing that helped me is learning case studies to a great amount of detail through mindmaps and diagrams, it helped me apply the processes into the real world so i found it easier to revise. as well as this, if i struggled with the foundations of the topic i used seneca and the edexcel flashcards, which sum up processes incredibly well! when i felt confident with the theory, i would do exam questions (which there weren't many because i sat the exams in 2018!) and familiarise myself with the structure. there were some youtube videos and websites which i found very helpful with topic 4, i will pm it to you later today! (please remind me haha)
good luck with everything! you'll do it brilliantly!
i do revise using seneca but i get a 7 and never anything higher. i have never felt flashcards help but i might try to see if they work for this subject. and yes pls send me the useful videos. thankyou so much for your help!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20
  • Edinburgh Napier University
    Postgraduate Drop-in Brunch Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?