The Student Room Group

Edexcel AS Maths still available?

I was told today that the AS maths exams this Summer are "for further maths students only." I interpret this as either as only AS Further maths exists, or that the AS regular maths is only available for further maths students to sit. Neither of these make sense to me. I have checked that AS maths is in the final exam timetable. Can someone please confirm whether AS maths can still be taken this summer by someone who is not taking further maths? Thanks.
Reply 1
Original post by takeonme79
Can someone please confirm whether AS maths can still be taken this summer by someone who is not taking further maths? Thanks.

Yes it can. I don't know why you were told you otherwise.
Reply 2
I was told today that the AS maths exams this Summer are "for further maths students only." I interpret this as either as only AS Further maths exists, or that the AS regular maths is only available for further maths students to sit. Neither of these make sense to me. I have checked that AS maths is in the final exam timetable. Can someone please confirm whether AS maths can still be taken this summer by someone who is not taking further maths? Thanks.

Just to check, you're talking about the new/current spec right and not the old modular spec? And are you a UK student as opposed to an international student?
Reply 3
Original post by Sir Cumference
Just to check, you're talking about the new/current spec right and not the old modular spec? And are you a UK student as opposed to an international student?

Yes the new spec introduced in 2017. UK student.
Reply 4
Yes the new spec introduced in 2017. UK student.

Maths and further maths are completely separate so ignore what you were told about AS maths.
Reply 5
Original post by Sir Cumference
Maths and further maths are completely separate so ignore what you were told about AS maths.

Thanks for your help.

Quick Reply

Latest