ni98m
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Im 21, i graduated in 2019 with an accounting and finance degree. My parents have always forced me into going down the accountancy route, i have no choice but to be an accountant in there eyes. They are loving and amazing parents but they just worry for me and want me to be financially stable in the future.

However, I don’t think its for me. I’m stressed out and conflicted because i know if i go on to do ACCA and become chartered its top money but what other routes can i go down with my degree which still has good money? ( I don't mind going down other routes in my degree)

Quite a few members of my family are chartered accountants and I’ve always admired them. However I don’t really enjoy accountancy and i dont think its for me, I can’t see myself doing it.

It’s really started to stress me now and i stay up at night worrying about my future.
pedroguedes
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
As cliche as it sounds, pursue what you love doing or you will regret it for the rest of your life.
Let you parents know that you respect and appreciate their concern, but you have to make them understand it's your life and you have to take the reigns, accepting any good or bad consequences that stem from it. That's what being an adult is all about.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever accessed mental health support services at University?

Yes (48)
23.88%
No, but I have thought about it (56)
27.86%
No (97)
48.26%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise