I think I’m gay

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I have been into girls all my life, but recently I have developed sexual feelings towards men even some romantic ones. Last year a friend of mine whilst both in relationships got drunk and we kissed. We both told our partners and they were very understanding and mine even did some things sexually to help meet some of my desires. However, there’s still this burning desire to be with a man. I guess I was wondering if anyone was in a similar position, ad
GatoMessi
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Don't look at me... I have no idea what's like to be gay lol
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm guessing this is a troll...
Court98
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I am a Woman, I felt this way when I was with my boyfriend. I was attracted to him but felt emotionally and physically attracted to women. after we broke up I tried different dating apps to chat to women because I felt confused about my sexuality. I found my current girlfriend through work, we've been together for two years. I still am attracted to men but I've discovered that I am bisexual. I think you need to explore with men, you may discover that you're bisexual but if you refuse yourself that then you may always feel confused and frustrated because I know I did. good luck!
Anonymous #2
Report 1 year ago
This may sound controversial and not everyone may feel the same. But, I wholeheartedly felt like I was bisexual for like 5 years.
I was convinced. I had a burning desire to be with someone from the same gender as me. Then, I stopped becoming bisexual because I felt like I was becoming gay. Because, I wasn’t attracted to guys at all - or at least not sexually etc

But I felt like it was in control. And, I’m straight now. So it could be psychological
Anonymous #3
Report 1 year ago
You told and they were understanding? Your girlfriend tried to meet your gay desires? You’re either a troll or your girlfriend is a total doormat.
Anonymous #4
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
This may sound controversial and not everyone may feel the same. But, I wholeheartedly felt like I was bisexual for like 5 years.
I was convinced. I had a burning desire to be with someone from the same gender as me. Then, I stopped becoming bisexual because I felt like I was becoming gay. Because, I wasn’t attracted to guys at all - or at least not sexually etc

But I felt like it was in control. And, I’m straight now. So it could be psychological
Sorry but this is the dumbest post I’ve seen surrounding LGBT. You were simply not bisexual to begin with, your mind was wandering around deeming you “bi-curious” which is two different things. The immediate conversion from one sexuality to another doesn’t just turn off and on like a switch. Your desire was driven merely by curiosity. Sexuality is NEVER a psychological feeling, it extends to both mentally and physically in terms of strong sexual preferences. Do NOT be mistaken.
Anonymous #5
Report 1 year ago

I felt something similar, but it was just a phase and I feel like I've grown out of it now. Although my pron history says something different...But that's just fantasy.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 year ago
I felt something similar, but it was just a phase and I feel like I've grown out of it now. Although my pron history says something different...But that's just fantasy.
It didn’t feel like a phase?? I’ve literally always felt this way since a child. And, I rarely sometimes have “urges” but it honestly feels like more of an intense negative emotion rather something that needed to be expressed and “let out” it doesn’t feel good. Which is why I’ve changed that because it didn’t feel natural?
Anonymous #6
Report 1 year ago
I think it's possible to have romantic attractions to other guys and not be gay. You could even have sexual thoughts about another guy but when doing it, you might hate it, all of it. It could purely be in your mind. That being said, if you don't feel the same way about and also don't enjoy sex with women, then yeah you're gay.

In my experience, I've found other guys attractive but will never ever enjoy sex with them and it's different to how I like women. So it's completely personal, just ask yourself how you want to be with that person and be honest with yourself, always keep an open mind and don't question yourself too much. Just do what feels right and if that leads you to something wrong, simply learn from it and get on with it
Anonymous #5
Report 1 year ago
It didn’t feel like a phase?? I’ve literally always felt this way since a child. And, I rarely sometimes have “urges” but it honestly feels like more of an intense negative emotion rather something that needed to be expressed and “let out” it doesn’t feel good. Which is why I’ve changed that because it didn’t feel natural?
I've alwatas felt that way since I was a child too. But by phase I mean when I was actually feeling some urgency to have an actual same sex sexual experience. I am girl btw.
Anonymous #4
Report 1 year ago
Looks like you have a fragile masculinity, buddy. You simply don’t want to look “gay” cus’ the heteronormative society looks down on it and this is exactly how you’re expressing such views by calling it “negative”, “felt like I was becoming gay”, “doesn’t feel good”... all of these connotations whew🙅🏽*♂️.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 year ago
Looks like you have a fragile masculinity, buddy. You simply don’t want to look “gay” cus’ the heteronormative society looks down on it and this is exactly how you’re expressing such views by calling it “negative”, “felt like I was becoming gay”, “doesn’t feel good”... all of these connotations whew🙅🏽*♂️.
I’m not a male for starters 🤦*♀️ . Additionally, it isn’t that - it’s a completely different feeling.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 year ago
I've alwatas felt that way since I was a child too. But by phase I mean when I was actually feeling some urgency to have an actual same sex sexual experience. I am girl btw.
Yeah same. But I feel like I have a choice?? But, the more I decide to “become more gay” it feels like the deeper I get and the less chance I have of having a choice.

...if that makes sense?
Anonymous #4
Report 1 year ago
Omg being gay is not a choice. Its either you have those feelings or not.
Anonymous #4
Report 1 year ago
Omg being gay is not a choice. Its either you have those feelings or not.
I agree. Being gay is definitely not a choice or something you can decide for yourself. Do you think people would sign up to getting bullied, oppressed, having suicidal thoughts, and being condescended upon for the rest of their lives? If it was a choice, everyone would choose straight. Nobody wants to be ostracised.
Anonymous #5
Report 1 year ago
Yeah same. But I feel like I have a choice?? But, the more I decide to “become more gay” it feels like the deeper I get and the less chance I have of having a choice.

...if that makes sense?
I think it makes sense. But there isn't anything wrong in being bi or gay. Just don't rush into anything yet until you feel happier about being bi.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 year ago
I think it makes sense. But there isn't anything wrong in being bi or gay. Just don't rush into anything yet until you feel happier about being bi.
I don’t feel like I am bisexual. Because, the two feelings feel compellingly different - but thank you. I’m not even attracted to the opposite gender when I’m “bi” or gay etc. And, I know that I’m not gay because I’ve been in love before and I’ve always been attracted to men.

Unless

I don’t think it’s possible to suddenly become “gay” after heartbreak lol
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (326)
55.82%
I don't have everything I need (258)
44.18%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise