jess_scanny
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
i have already been offered a place at clarendon and it is closer to my house, so there would be less travelling, however xaverian seems like a better school and is closer to the centre of manchester, but i still don’t know if i’ll get in. i really can’t choose
username4347578
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
How bout loreto?
jess_scanny
Rep:
?
(Original post by ArtmisKco)
How bout loreto?
i’ve missed the application date, and after attending the open day, it seemed a little more religious than xaverian, and i preferred the atmosphere of xaverian
username4347578
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by jess_scanny)
i’ve missed the application date, and after attending the open day, it seemed a little more religious than xaverian, and i preferred the atmosphere of xaverian
Ah I see. How far would xaverian be for you? If it’s not that far then I would attend it rather than clarendon
jess_scanny
Rep:
?
Ah I see. How far would xaverian be for you? If it’s not that far then I would attend it rather than clarendon
it’s about an hour and a half on the bus, clarendon is about 20mins
username4347578
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
That’s seems pretty long. The you have to think about the days where there is traffic which is a lot. What do you know about Clarendon? Like how good of a school is it? Also what subjects do you want to do
jess_scanny
Rep:
?
That’s seems pretty long. The you have to think about the days where there is traffic which is a lot. What do you know about Clarendon? Like how good of a school is it? Also what subjects do you want to do
its futher but i think it is worth it, clarendon had a decent reputation but i think xaverian is better for the subjects in choosing. I am picking classical civilisation, english literature and politics
username4347578
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
its futher but i think it is worth it, clarendon had a decent reputation but i think xaverian is better for the subjects in choosing. I am picking classical civilisation, english literature and politics
Looks like you’ve already got your heart set on Xaverian then that’s where you should go!
jess_scanny
Rep:
?
Looks like you’ve already got your heart set on Xaverian then that’s where you should go!
haha i think i do, just doubting my decisions after comments about travel from family i think
username4347578
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
haha i think i do, just doubting my decisions after comments about travel from family i think
Dw about it you’ll get used to it. My commute to college takes 1hr so it’s hardly a difference from yours
yeocheekies
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
i have already been offered a place at clarendon and it is closer to my house, so there would be less travelling, however xaverian seems like a better school and is closer to the centre of manchester, but i still don’t know if i’ll get in. i really can’t choose
idk if you’ve gotten your course consultation yet but i’m pretty sure everyone gets one, i got my letter a few days ago and the appointment is next thursday;; honestly i’d say go for xaverian if you think it’s better for you since there’s not really any point in going to a college in which you’ll be stuck in for 2 years despite the far travel. personally i chose xaverian even though its like an hour away but it’s all good <3
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (192)
5.06%
Uncertainty around my education (555)
14.62%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (424)
11.17%
Lack of purpose or motivation (522)
13.75%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (189)
4.98%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (227)
5.98%
Loneliness (318)
8.38%
Financial worries (140)
3.69%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (148)
3.9%
Exposure to negative news/social media (170)
4.48%
Lack of real life entertainment (215)
5.67%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (339)
8.93%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (356)
9.38%

Watched Threads