How long does it take Birmingham to give offers? Watch

√-1
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I received an email saying it would be may be held until after January 15th due to equal considerations. But I still haven't received a decision and it's been over a week since the 15th. Anyone know how long they usually take to send the decision?
gilliewolf
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I got an offer in about 3/4 weeks
saturatedghostie
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I don't know. Did you get the email about the applicant day visit? I think they will give you the offer after if they are considering you. But they aren't supposed to take that long because most people have gotten offers already.
√-1
Rep:
?
no I don't have an email about a visiting day but when I went to the open day the physics department said they don't do interviews anymore
Admit-One
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Only Birmingham would be able to say for sure. Their previous message probably just mean that they would begin processing decisions for this course after the 15th.
√-1
Rep:
?
ok thanks
RufusA
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
If it's any help / assurance my daughter applied 3rd week of October, received the holding email, and then received an offer from the Physics dept at the beginning of this week. So they are working through the applications, just a little slow.....
√-1
Rep:
?
thanks I think I applied mid December so probably another week or so then
NunoAlberto
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by √-1)
I received an email saying it would be may be held until after January 15th due to equal considerations. But I still haven't received a decision and it's been over a week since the 15th. Anyone know how long they usually take to send the decision?
I received my offer one month after I sent my application (23rd December - 21st January).
saturatedghostie
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I am still waiting for mine. I got an applicant visit day email but haven't got the offer? Is anybody else in the same position as me, I don't get it.
√-1
Rep:
?
you will have to do an interview at the applicant day I assume then they will send you an offer
saturatedghostie
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by √-1)
you will have to do an interview at the applicant day I assume then they will send you an offer
That's the problem though because they didn't mention an interview for my course at any point in time. Or in any emails or anything so this is a huge surprise for me.
√-1
Rep:
?
i had the same for leeds. Does it have an itinerary of the day as it might say on there
saturatedghostie
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by √-1)
i had the same for leeds. Does it have an itinerary of the day as it might say on there
yeah it has the programme on the email
bfm.mcdermott
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I applied on 1 October and I'm still waiting to hear from them. A lot of my friends are in a similar position too. They definitely take longer than some universities.
F12Ak
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I applied on 9th December and the only thing I've heard was "your application has been reviewed by the admissions team and has been referred to admissions tutor for further consideration" - that was almost a month ago.
√-1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
same
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills โ€“ LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (534)
66.42%
No (270)
33.58%

Watched Threads