The Student Room Group

Have you ever signed up for an open day and then not gone to it?

Poll

Have you ever signed up for an open day and then not gone to it?

Why didn't you go? :holmes:
Original post by Puddles the Monkey

No always went to open days I signed up for
Original post by 1st superstar
No always went to open days I signed up for

:woo:

I ran away from home over the weekend that it was on, oops. Didn't get into the uni anyway, much happier now.
yes, unfortunately. i was in hospital at the time though so i didn't have much of a choice!
Aye.
I signed up to Cardiff's open day but didn't end up going because I overslept by accident. :emo:
It was a 6 hour train journey so I would have missed everything by the time I'd got there. Still happy with my university choice in the end, though.
Original post by jupiiter
yes, unfortunately. i was in hospital at the time though so i didn't have much of a choice!

Oh no! I hope you're better now :frown:
Original post by DoNotMove
I ran away from home over the weekend that it was on, oops. Didn't get into the uni anyway, much happier now.

Are you at uni now? Glad to hear you're happier now :smile:
:woo:

but i've only ever been to one lol (in year 8)
Are you at uni now? Glad to hear you're happier now :smile:

No, but got an offer to Bristol and tbh the offer helped me realise that I really don't want to move away from home just yet, or not too far anyways. Just working to get the grades I need now!
Signed up, got to the day of the event and realised I couldn't afford to get there on the train. Not quite as embarassing, however, as when I signed up for an open day and got the dates mixed up. Turned up the next day. :banghead:

Long time ago now (about 13 years) but it still makes me "DOH!" when I remember it.
I ended up not going to a fairly prestigious uni's open day due to me basically realising that it just wasn't a realistic choice for me. I don't regret not going though - I've gone to quite a lot since then :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest