Daraghjk
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hi everyone! I'm studying for my A-levels at the moment and have no idea what I want to do in University. We don't get any career guidance sessions in my school and was wondering what ye guys do to get some advice? do any of ye go to Private Career Guidance Counsellors and if so how much do they cost, are they expensive?

I would really appreciate any feedback or website links that maybe could help me.
melinae
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
That's strange that your school doesn't have any careers advice! o-O; I found this site a good place to start, it helps you to map out what you want to do and what you need to get there: https://www.ucas.com/ucas/after-gcse...s/explore-jobs

It's only for fun but there's even a job quiz based on your personality, it might only be for fun but it might be good to try it and see what comes up. I've never tried a paid service but I've heard good things from those who have tried them.
Daraghjk
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by melinae)
That's strange that your school doesn't have any careers advice! o-O; I found this site a good place to start, it helps you to map out what you want to do and what you need to get there: https://www.ucas.com/ucas/after-gcse...s/explore-jobs

It's only for fun but there's even a job quiz based on your personality, it might only be for fun but it might be good to try it and see what comes up. I've never tried a paid service but I've heard good things from those who have tried them.
Hi, thank you for your reply. I am really seeking secondary advice by someone like a guidance counsellor and im just seeing what the cost is. thank you for the link, website looks great.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (181)
67.54%
No (87)
32.46%

Watched Threads