The Student Room Group

Should I continue in A-level studies?

I am currently in year 13 but am wondering whether I should quit. I have suffered from bad anxiety and depression for many years now. I feel as though everything is building up and the pressure is just to much. I do sort of do what to continue however I don't know whether for my health's sake I should leave sixth form.
If you can, I would say to stay on, but it’s better to keep yourself safe and healthy. Looking after your mental and physical health should always be your top priority. Maybe dropping a subject, rather than dropping out entirely would be a better idea? That way, you lessen your workload but still get some qualifications? I’m definitely not an expert, but that would be how I would handle the situation.
Having suffered severe depression I ended up sitting only 1 a level out of the 3 and I am now doing a 1 year course for a levels in a college for adults. It is not the end if you don't sit all of your a levels or some of them. Your mental health is precious and should be a priority, the stress of a levels nearly drove me to suicide it is not worth damaging your mental health because you can always go back to college. I thought that it was going to be an end of the world having to withdraw all my uni offers but I promise things will work themselves out :smile:. Now I reapplied to uni and doing new a levels it is not easy but my mental health has deteriorated so badly because despite working so hard I just couldn't get much result and the stress was eating me up inside.

Quick Reply

Latest