Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Ok so I'm a 21-year-old girl and I've never had sex, I do want to have sex though, I'm just wondering whether being a virgin at 21 is a bad thing, I'm starting to come to terms with being single. I am interested in guys although I have had the possibility of losing my virginity my gut was always telling me not to go through with it. I like this guy but we are not together, I want to have sex with him, but I'm afraid I will get attached to him and he will ignore me or text me the same as he does now. ( bearly texts me I would have to triple text sometimes/ we would go days without talking & it's driving me crazy. )
I also told my boy best friend yesterday I'm a virgin and he practically said that's rough and laughed.

So just curious is it a bad thing that I'm a still virgin at 21? Sidebar: I'm not a virgin for religious reasons, I'm just not the girl to do one night stands, I'm not even sure I could do friends with benefits relationship. I get attached to people, and I'm needy.
sinfonietta
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
No, it's not a bad thing.

Don't chase the guy you like. He clearly isn't that interested and, yes, you are likely to get emotionally attached to the person you lose your virginity too.
Capitalist_Lamb
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Ok so I'm a 21-year-old girl and I've never had sex, I do want to have sex though, I'm just wondering whether being a virgin at 21 is a bad thing, I'm starting to come to terms with being single. I am interested in guys although I have had the possibility of losing my virginity my gut was always telling me not to go through with it. I like this guy but we are not together, I want to have sex with him, but I'm afraid I will get attached to him and he will ignore me or text me the same as he does now. ( bearly texts me I would have to triple text sometimes/ we would go days without talking & it's driving me crazy. )
I also told my boy best friend yesterday I'm a virgin and he practically said that's rough and laughed.

So just curious is it a bad thing that I'm a still virgin at 21? Sidebar: I'm not a virgin for religious reasons, I'm just not the girl to do one night stands, I'm not even sure I could do friends with benefits relationship. I get attached to people, and I'm needy.
It's not a bad thing at all but I won't lie to you. Some guys might find it to be an issue, but I don't think that would be many guys.
Anonymous #2
Report 3 weeks ago
Stay a Virgin until and unless you feel completely ready. Sex isn’t the «*omg such a huge deal*» but at the end of they day once you have it you can’t go back, so it’s better to wait until you feel completely sure with yourself. If that means waiting till you’re 22, 28, 30 or even 50, it’s completely up to you. You’ll know when you’re ready and when you’ve found the right person - don’t let anyone pressure you because at the end of the day you live with your decisions! Trust your gut
gsquared2
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Just wait until you think you're ready and as you said your gut was stopping you, just wait until your gut allows you to go through and don't go chasing boys there's plenty of time to find other boys who will chase you back!

p.s sex isn't "all that" it's not essential
Last edited by gsquared2; 3 weeks ago
elvis.musicxx
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)

well being virgin at the age of 21 is just a great thing. just try being less sexually aroused. you'll get laid with the right person someday, with someone who will feel the same towards you and someone who will be the love of your life.
and don't get lurked easily by guys who acts nice towards you just to get laid, boys often do that. they pretend to be all nice and sweet and romantic, and the next day after you get laid, they just act as if nothing happened and it was just "sex"
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your university offer been reduced?

Yes (48)
31.37%
No (79)
51.63%
Don't know (26)
16.99%

Watched Threads