coolcat12345
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I don't have thoughts on life. I would just like to know how to WANT to be motivated for life.

I am not in danger. Just asking for a friend.
Capitalist_Lamb
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
It's hard to tell someone what they WANT out of life. You have to do that for yourself. Think of what you want out of life. Some people want to be rich and/or famous whereas others want a simple life, a family etc. If you have nothing to aim for you will never be motivated to get it. If you set an important goal it can help to motivate you to reach it.
coolcat12345
Rep:
?
(Original post by Capitalist_Lamb)
It's hard to tell someone what they WANT out of life. You have to do that for yourself. Think of what you want out of life. Some people want to be rich and/or famous whereas others want a simple life, a family etc. If you have nothing to aim for you will never be motivated to get it. If you set an important goal it can help to motivate you to reach it.
right now 6th form is hard, you just don't understand how our eng teacher SUCKS. I digress, I have no goals. I just wanna float in happiness without stressy messy
Anonymous #1
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by coolcat12345)
right now 6th form is hard, you just don't understand how our eng teacher SUCKS. I digress, I have no goals. I just wanna float in happiness without stressy messy
You'll know what you want when you get a full-time job that isn't great. From there, save up some money and start chasing that dream.
Capitalist_Lamb
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Think of life a little like a roller coaster. Going up is the hard bit but once your're there you can enjoy the ride. I really like the quote by T. Harv Eker & I think Les Brown said something similar;

“If you are willing to do only what’s easy, life will be hard. But if you are willing to do what’s hard, life will be easy.”

The harder you work, the easier life will be.
coolcat12345
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anonymous)
You'll know what you want when you get a full-time job that isn't great. From there, save up some money and start chasing that dream.
I don't have a dream though.
coolcat12345
Rep:
?
(Original post by Capitalist_Lamb)
Think of life a little like a roller coaster. Going up is the hard bit but once your're there you can enjoy the ride. I really like the quote by T. Harv Eker & I think Les Brown said something similar;

“If you are willing to do only what’s easy, life will be hard. But if you are willing to do what’s hard, life will be easy.”

The harder you work, the easier life will be.
I suppose you are right, but everything seems so monotonous and laborious that I just can't be bothered.
Anonymous #1
Report 4 weeks ago
I don't have a dream though.
I didn't either until I quit Sixth Form, started working and decided doing anything for 8 hours a day 5 days a week gets pretty boring. So then the dream was to do anything other than that, and I soon realised what I wanted to do specifically. I think time will tell, my friend. Good luck.

Also, you won't feel like this forever, everyone changes as they get older, especially late teens.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (532)
66.67%
No (266)
33.33%

Watched Threads