Suddenly getting worried about my sibling Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I have a sibling who is 3 years older than me but is vulnerable. Ever since the first incident that happened I have been getting worried. There was a time where she had to get a taxi back to her flat which was quite late and we hadn't heard from her if she reached there safely. Even though we mentioned that she should call us when she's back. At 9pm was when I was on the edge of panic mode: texted her which lead to no reply and called her multiple times which went to a voicemail saying I had been blocked from calling the number. I was sick and was shaking... around 10 ish is when we heard from her and my panic mode calmed down.
Today, I was told by a relative that she is waiting for my sister and can't get through and I had to text her, which I did but lead to no reply, I then got a bit worried so I called her which went to voicemail saying the usual stuff. Not to long ago I got a phone call from the relative saying she's here now.
This has never happened before, but From these two experiences I've been worrying and just want clarification that she's okay and safe. Considering she's vulnerable and such and I'm not living in the same city as her it's a bit difficult to manage? This has only happened twice but thought I might share. I don't want to be one of those overprotecting individuals cause that's not me or one of those who can't sleep or eat cause of worrying.
Sammylou40
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It’s good that you care.
I think you should speak to your sister. If she can live alone then she can get to grips with letting you know she is ok. Tell her it’s important that she lets you know that she arrived ok.
But remember that she is on the road to independence. She may be busy etc and not realise how worried you are.
Sowseii
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I do this too! All the time. Pretty much regardless of who it is, whether they can manage by themselves or not. I even do this when my mum tells me she’s gonna be home at a certain time and she’s not. Idk why, tbh I thought I was the only one. I think it’s natural to do so especially for those who are vulnerable, you just want to know she’s safe and that’s not a bad thing. However maybe you could talk to ur sister, you mentioned it said you were blocked when you called her? Is this something she did intentionally? if so it could be that she’s feeling a little suffocated especially with her being older than you she may think of it as an annoyance to have to be asked about where she is by her younger sibling.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (505)
59.62%
Yes- I don't like it (43)
5.08%
No- I want it (241)
28.45%
No- I don't want it (58)
6.85%

Watched Threads