The Student Room Group

Ended up accidentally applying late. What’s the worse that can happen?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by PQ
Solent, Bournemouth and UCA all had their film courses in clearing this year. They’re likely to be ok but you can always ring and explain the situation and ask if they can make an exception if they do intend on closing the course.

AUB normally closes film on the deadline. I would recommend that you ring them first thing Monday and ask to speak to someone senior to explain the problems you had with your reference getting sorted out. They might be willing to make an exception (but even if they do there’s only around a 1 in 4 offer rate for film at AUB so you may still be unlucky even if they do consider your application). The benefit of small universities is that there’s a good chance that they’ll be willing to take circumstances into account.

do you have your showreel/portfolio ready to send off?

I do have my showreel to send off. I might phone up AUB. Thanks for the advice. As far as I’m aware only AUB and UCA interview people. Also I did a foundation year at AUB so that should help right?
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Thisismyunitsr
Hi everyone.

I am a mature student who is applying to university after a long period of mental health difficulties and part time jobs so I’m not the ‘typical’ university candidate.

Essentially what happened was that I didn’t hit completed application on my choices and I then went on to references and clicked save. I thought my reference would receive the email when I clicked save but unfortunately you receive it when you clicked send reference not save. I only realised this on the 15th of January and she didn’t receive the UCAS reference email before 18:00pm.

I then thought she would just send it off later but it took me a week to resend the email to her by clicking on resend email. It must have got lost in her spam folder or something.

Anyway I got it sent off on Tuesday the 22nd. I’ve applied for mainly film/media courses and a lot of them are very competitive, so could I be rejected because of my screw up?

Original post by Puddles the Monkey
@Solent University @Bournemouth UniversityAre you able to give some more information about late applications for these courses? :smile:

Hi @Thisismyunitsr,

I am looking into your query and I will get back to you as soon as I hear more.
Eloise :smile:
Original post by Solent University
Hi @Thisismyunitsr,

I am looking into your query and I will get back to you as soon as I hear more.

Hi @Thisismyunitsr,

Applications to the Post-Production for Film and Television course are considered past the official deadline. This particular course has an interview attached to the selection process, so once the application has been assessed and it is deemed suitable for the course, an invite to book onto an interview will be sent out.
It is a really busy time at the moment due to the influx of applications from the 15th of January deadline, so please be patient. If you have any questions in the meantime, do not hesitate to ask.
Thanks Eloise!

Quick Reply

Latest