Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
So, I am in my first year of uni and met this really attractive guy on a night out a few weeks ago and we've bumped into each other a few times and talked a bit so have gotten more close i suppose. Anyway, the other day, he adds me on snapchat (I don't know how he got my username because I know we don't have any mutual friends) and we've been talking on there as well and he's been asking if I'm coming to certain events that he's gone to and stuff like that...... he's very slow at replying so we can't really have a proper conversation over text and I think he only really uses social media later in the day
I like this guy but don't know whether or not to make a move because I don't know if he likes me back since we don't really know each other too well. Any advice on how to approach this situation and how can I tell if he's into me as well
Anonymous #1
I don't think he has a girlfriend (big emphasis on think) because we've danced together and stuff on nights out and the way he acts at clubs does make it seem like he isn't in a relationship but I can't really tell.... I just really want to get to know him better but don't know how to approach the situation
Anonymous #1
We are on the same course at uni but do different modules so i see him in some lectures but not in others so don't have much opportunity to have a face to face conversation with him other than the club where we do bump into each other frequently (happened 4/5 times last term) and spend some time together
Adz2042
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I'd say pull him aside after one of your lectures together and have a chat over coffee.
mention about you getting close in the club, and you want to know where his head is at.
sometimes guys are slow at replying to conversations, because we wonder what is best to say next.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Adz2042)
I'd say pull him aside after one of your lectures together and have a chat over coffee.
mention about you getting close in the club, and you want to know where his head is at.
sometimes guys are slow at replying to conversations, because we wonder what is best to say next.
I've never been so direct with a guy before..... I don't know if I have the confidence for that but I might invite him to this uni event next week and see what he says
He's just really slow at replying like it'll take him a couple of hours before he'll reply and by the time I read the message and reply, he will have closed the app and be missing for another couple of hours... it's kind of frustrating but I am very used to slow repliers so I don't mind too much
I just don't know how to tell if he's into me as well because I'm not used to this kind of stuff and the fact that he randomly added me on snapchat without us having any mutual friends and then was suddenly interested in whether or not I was gonna be at some uni society event later this week. Also, our conversations used to be a little dry or I would be the one carrying the conversation so i just kind of assumed that he wasn't interested but the last few days, he's seems to be a little more open with his replies and has started using language that he didn't normally used to in the older conversations, like he seems to be more into the conversations (even if he takes hours to reply) but I don't really know what changed because we haven't really talked much over the holidays.... I'm just confused
Anonymous #1
Does anyone have any advice on how to make my move? I am so inexperienced when it comes to this stuff
sinfonietta
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Ask him on a date.
prysed
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Think of it as becoming friends. You're not asking him to marry you. Just ask him if he'd like to do a friend thing with you. Ask him out like you'd ask one of your friends to go out with you, you don't have to call it a "date". What about a catch-up, lunch? You don't need to apply the pressure of getting down on one knee and asking him to be your "boyfriend", just go as slow as you need. Get to know each other better first. If you feel like you're already at that stage, make it playful. Ask him if he likes you half way through a date, and if he asks you, say "maybe" because you don't need to be black or white. The heart doesn't work like that. If you spend enough time enjoying each other's company and things go well, you wont need to ask him to be your man, he just will be.

Good luck!
Idunno1234
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
He's definitely interested in u. Think about it. Why would a guy start dancing with u and also why would he add u on snapchat out of the blue. Did he message u first on Snapchat?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Idunno1234)
He's definitely interested in u. Think about it. Why would a guy start dancing with u and also why would he add u on snapchat out of the blue. Did he message u first on Snapchat?
He added me and I wasn’t sure if it was him at first (I know quite a few people with the same name) so I messaged first just to check if it was actually him, but our conversations have become less dry on snapchat which gives me some hope (if only he responded faster than we could have a proper conversation 😂😂)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (422)
67.41%
No (204)
32.59%

Watched Threads