Supersniper817
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi everyone, I’m new to student room, please could you kindly help with this question? I don’t really understand, thanks

Name:  61E521CE-601D-4ACA-BD07-39E6F2F2FED1.jpg.jpeg
Views: 7
Size:  27.8 KB
evelync12
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
if u get the answer can u tell me plz
flowerscat
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
This is only a guess, from the excerpt you have posted, as I can't see the rest of the question.
The two compounds KCl and KClO4 have differing solublities in ethanol and water. If you added a small amount of hot ethanol to the mix,so that the solid dissolves. You then cool this mixture slowly, and crystals of KClO4 should appear (it is less soluble in ethanol). Purify further using cold ethanol and vacuum filtration.

What remains after filtration should be mostly KCl. You could evaporate the solvent to get crystals of KCl.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (476)
66.48%
No (240)
33.52%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise