The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tdpr_
Sorry but there’s no way I can’t interrupt you here. All these so called “violent verses” have been taken out of context and misinterpreted. Just because some idiot, who has no clue about Islam, decides he has the authority to interpret a verse how he wishes and then carries out a violent act DOES NOT mean Islam is a violent religion.

Would you make the same comments in relation to ALL religions, religious sects and religious books of scripture?
Hinduism, sikhism, scientology, mormonism, catholicism, jehovah's witnesses, judaism, fundamentalist christianity, theistic satanism.
Reply 21
Original post by ibby68
The reason why we are "perfectly decent individuals" is because our religion does not promote hatred or violence.Despite, what the media and hate groups will make you believe. Only a small percentage, who misinterpret quotes are the ones who go around giving the religion a bad rep by committing heinous acts . There is a reason, there are scholars who spend their whole lives studying the religion, to give advice. Because their is CONTEXT to everything. not just in the Quran, in every religious scripture. You could pick quotes from the Bible,Quran or other religious scriptures that will always will need further explanation by knowledgeable people. So calling our religion "not very nice" is pretty unfair.

so do you agree that homosexuals should be punished in the hellfire according to Islam and apostates should be killed?

funny how you think that any sort of criticism of Islam comes from the media and hate groups. My criticism comes from reading the Qur'an, and a number of tafsirs/hadiths (particularly from the reputable sahih Bukhari and sahih muslim) that elaborate on Quranic verses. Have u ever read a tafsir in your life or does your knowledge stop at the Qur'an?
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Fuego1
all you have to do is disagree with Islam's abhorrent attitudes towards homosexuals and apostates. You refuse to do this. No one wants an islam vs apostate debate - only for u to accept that there are aspects within Islamic scriptures that promote intolerance and hatred.

Lol, see context. The apostate rule is only in the context of war. And there are also a lot of pre requisites for this rule to be applied that you clearly fail to mention .This rule is explained clearly by people of knowledge.We cannot just kill people for leaving the religion, if thats what your trying to imply.
Ah another atheist V Islam thread :colonhash:
I'm out of here

I don't care what anyone says, I think the same thing would have happened had she said such things about another religion & their holy book.
She just happened to come across a Muslim :closedeyes:
Reply 24
Original post by londonmyst
Would you make the same comments in relation to ALL religions, religious sects and religious books of scripture?
Hinduism, sikhism, scientology, mormonism, catholicism, jehovah's witnesses, judaism, fundamentalist christianity, theistic satanism.

I don’t know much about most of them religions so no I wouldn’t just blindly follow a media narrative. If I was to claim a thing against any religion, I’d first do my research.
Reply 25
Original post by tdpr_
There’s no need for me to do anything. These claims have been refuted an abhorrent amount of times and me doing it once more isn’t gonna make the slightest difference - you being the prime example.

right, so islam is accepting of homosexuals and apostates? this is definitely news to me

You've let your mask slip, you approve of the killing of apostates and the punishment of homosexuals
Reply 26
Original post by Fuego1
right, so islam is accepting of homosexuals and apostates? this is definitely news to me

You've let your mask slip, you approve of the killing of apostates and the punishment of homosexuals

Your desperation for an argument is quite amusing. Do carry on.
Reply 27
Original post by ibby68
Lol, see context. The apostate rule is only in the context of war. And there are also a lot of pre requisites for this rule to be applied that you clearly fail to mention .This rule is explained clearly by people of knowledge.We cannot just kill people for leaving the religion, if thats what your trying to imply.

so there are certain situations where killing apostates is permissible? Why not just say that in the first place
Original post by Fuego1
so do you agree that homosexuals should be punished in the hellfire according to Islam and apostates should be killed?

funny how you think that any sort of criticism of Islam comes from the media and hate groups. My criticism comes from reading the Qur'an, and a number of tafsirs/hadiths (particularly from the reputable sahih Bukhari and sahih muslim) that elaborate on Quranic verses. Have u ever read a tafsir in your life or does your knowledge stop at the Qur'an?

Lmao. Your literally proving my point about misinterpreting quotes. Im not claiming to be the most knowledgeable about verses and interpretations You clearly think you do. This is why Islam recommends you to talk with a scholar, when trying to interpret quotes. Im not gonna sit here and further argue so you can spewing BS.
Original post by Fuego1
so there are certain situations where killing apostates is permissible? Why not just say that in the first place

its really not that black and white even though your trying to make it out to be. seriously mate.
Reply 30
Original post by tdpr_
Your desperation for an argument is quite amusing. Do carry on.

not arguing about anything. I wonder why many Muslims cop out and blatantly dodge a question when asked of they agree if an apostate should be killed and homosexuals should be punished in hell. If you can't say you disagree with this, you clearly approve of these rules.
Maybe you should take a leaf out of your own book and stop treating people you disagree with aggressively, like stop stalking me on this forum with demeaning comments, abuses and insults, because we disagree with each other.
Ah, the legendary Muslim tolerance.

Reply 33
Original post by ibby68
its really not that black and white even though your trying to make it out to be. seriously mate.

wait, I thought islam was a 'black and white' religion and an 'easy religion to follow'. why are u struggling to disagree with the idea of killing an apostate and punishing a homosexual in hell?

you're not doing yourself any favours here
(edited 4 years ago)
you didn't have to reply in the first place lol.

agree that other ideologies can be equally violent, I don't think people ever claim that Islam is the sole violent ideology. (or at least, has violence glorified in some settings in its holy text) it is however true that the extremist side of islam is more active (or at least more widely known) than most other religions - so I'm not sure she'd have encountered as much of a backlash attacking other religions.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 35
Original post by _gcx

agree that other ideologies can be equally violent, I don't think people ever claim that Islam is the sole violent ideology. (or at least, has violence glorified in some settings in its holy text)

^this

many religions (particularly the Abrahamic faiths) do promote violence. however resorting to whattaboutery to try and justify one religions abhorrent teachings is never a good argument
Original post by tdpr_
I don’t know much about most of them religions so no I wouldn’t just blindly follow a media narrative. If I was to claim a thing against any religion, I’d first do my research.

Ok. :smile:

I think you may have misunderstood my question.
It wasn't about what the media writes, it was about all religions with their own written religious book of scripture and official leadership traditions/teachings.
All religions have bad apples- vicious liars, thugs and idiots.
Only real questions are: how many and how badly do they behave.
Original post by _gcx

agree that other ideologies can be equally violent, I don't think people ever claim that Islam is the sole violent ideology. (or at least, has violence glorified in some settings in its holy text) it is however true that the extremist side of islam is more active (or at least more widely known) than most other religions - so I'm not sure she'd have encountered as much of a backlash attacking other religions.

I think Atheists always 'pick out' & focus on the more traditional / extremist groups when it comes to religion in general (not just Islam).

Had she said such things about the church of England, the priest or the Bible... She would have got the same response.

There are"extreme" individuals in all religions, not just Islam. It's just that I've noticed people (here on TSR anyway), focus on Islam a lot, which I find a little disturbing given there's a young audience here.

Yes, I completely agree it has gone way too far for her to be advised to go into hiding.
No one should be scared for their life.
I hope she's okay :smile:

But she has to understand that not everyone will understand/support her "opinions".
That's just the way life is :rolleyes:
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by akragas
Ah, the legendary Muslim tolerance.

The legendary assortment of: social media creeps, trolls and religious fanatics. :eek:
Original post by londonmyst
Not funny. :whip:
A vicious pervert on instagram who couldn't handle a girl turning him down and tried to involve religion into his creepy bull****.
Probably the type of guy that demands nudes from random girls online.

Is the guy being sarcastic or genuinely mean the ‘religion of peace thing’?

Latest

Trending

Trending