16 year old receives death and rape threat after criticising Islam Watch

This discussion is closed.
Fuego1
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by AmberDalia)
I personally don't think if you have studied a religon that in-depth that you would have a harsh view on it and i can see that through the constant bashing you do of islam. It's okay to have an opinion but you dont need to push it on to everyone else.
But surely your view on islam is merely an opinion? So there is no guarantee that your opinion on Muhammad being peaceful is correct.
BlueIndigoViolet
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Fuego1)
But surely your view on islam is merely an opinion? So there is no guarantee that your opinion on Muhammad being peaceful is correct.
He, personally, wasn't really peaceful dude or moral role model for everyone in society today in his life with his slaves, wars, treatment of Jewish tribes in Medina etc. , conquering nearby tribes, Badr, Mecca and the Kaaba - confusing claims by some lol

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milita...er_of_Muhammad
Last edited by BlueIndigoViolet; 4 weeks ago
Fuego1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by BlueIndigoViolet)
He, personally, wasn't really peaceful dude in his life with his slaves, wars etc., conquering nearby tribes, Badr, Mecca and the Kaaba - confusing claims by some lol

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milita...er_of_Muhammad
While there is some evidence that Muhammad may have done good (not denying this), there is also significant evidence that he did a lot of wrong/evil things too. Sceptics can see both sides of a story but the religious only see one (or they're in denial). And that's the problem

When Muslims claim the bold claim that muhammad is a 'perfect individual who's a perfect, timeless guide for mankind', how can they not expect to have this claim challenged
Last edited by Fuego1; 4 weeks ago
1st superstar
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
QE2 what's are thoughts regarding this incident?
Plantagenet Crown
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by MiaNova)
^ although not directly, the effect is the same. Bashing the religion = bashing the followers essentially.
It's not, at all. Freedom of speech makes it quite clear that criticism of an ideology is perfectly acceptable and legal whilst bigotry against people is not.
Plantagenet Crown
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
The scripture is not hateful it what you interpret of it. If you have not studies the religious then you cannot make such claims. I did say I wasn't talking about the death threats I was talking about the anger people showed in retaliation about what she said about their religion excluding the death threats. Which are obviously shown by extremists who do not represent the religion or the millions of other Muslims following Islam.
Have you actually read the Quran? Because it seems you haven't by these comments. The Quran is absolutely replete with violence, hatred, discrimination, sexism and bigotry of the highest order. There are many, many verses which go into gruesome detail about who can be killed and tortured and the methods for doing so. And then we've got the reams and reams of passages describing the horrid mutilations and tortures that non-Muslims are to be subject to in the afterlife. And this isn't even getting into all the Hadith that detail Muhammad's brutality in his torture and execution of others. Virtually all the nice and peaceful parts of Islamic scripture only apply to Muslims and those who submit to Islamic rule.
AmberDalia
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
how to you know that I haven't studied the religion properly??
you're making the same mistake again. Just because someone doesn't share the exact same opinion as you, doesn't mean they haven't studied the religion properly.

once again, what is wrong with the criticism of Islam? surely if you know more than me about islam, you can defend it, right?

You have an issue with me when I and many others 'push out opinion' on others using evidence and logic yet you have no issue with people in the streets with giving 'dawah' and use loudspeakers to push their opinion on others and try to convince others that their religion is 'the truth' and that they 'should fear Allah and the hellfire'? Yikes...
But you never have any evidence . You cherry pick quotes without looking at the context of which it was said in . Which is forbidden for even Muslims to do as they have to look at the Quraan and Hadith to understand what the quraan is saying . So frankly i dont believe you have studied anything.
Fuego1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by 1st superstar)
QE2 what's are thoughts regarding this incident?
this is gonna be gold LOOOOL
Fuego1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
But you never have any evidence . You cherry pick quotes without looking at the context of which it was said in . Which is forbidden for even Muslims to do as they have to look at the Quraan and Hadith to understand what the quraan is saying . So frankly i dont believe you have studied anything.
You have no evidence for your God even existing, so don't know what you're on about. You don't believe that I've studied it simply because it goes against your OPINION.
Funny thing is, had I agreed with you and the opinion Muhammad was peaceful, you wouldn't be questioning me if I had read the Qur'an or not.
you'd be busy ma'shallahing me...
1st superstar
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
this is gonna be gold LOOOOL
Yep some real entertainment gotta tag mgi, Achaea and Studentnewcastle too
tdpr_
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Just read through this entire thread and it’s honestly a car crash. “Your religion is violent” “no it isn’t” over and over again. I’ve yet to see a single piece of evidence to support these views.
Fuego1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by tdpr_)
Just read through this entire thread and it’s honestly a car crash. “Your religion is violent” “no it isn’t” over and over again. I’ve yet to see a single piece of evidence to support these views.
if you don't like what you see here, then why are you still commenting? Go join a safe space like the ISOC page if you don't like it or are scared of us kuffar
tdpr_
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
if you don't like what you see here, then why are you still commenting? Go join a safe space like the ISOC page if you don't like it or are scared of us kuffar
Honestly, I find it to be quite entertaining. I’m not scared of anyone, I literally just said bring forth your evidences.
Last edited by tdpr_; 4 weeks ago
generallee
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
What does "cherry pick" mean?

If there are terrible cherries to ever pick, why are they there?
Plantagenet Crown
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
So you are admitting there are awful, vile passages in the Quran for people to cherry pick?
Fuego1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by tdpr_)
Honestly, I find it to be quite entertaining. I’m not scared of anyone, I literally just send bring forth your evidences.
I asked you earlier if you agree with Islam's teaching that homosexuals should be punished in the hellfire or if apostates should be killed (even in certain situations).

You clearly dodged this simple question that needed a yes or no answer . Now, I wonder why?
tdpr_
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I asked you earlier if you agree with Islam's teaching that homosexuals should be punished in the hellfire or if apostates should be killed (even in certain situations).

You clearly dodged this simple question that needed a yes or no answer . Now, I wonder why?
Initially, I didn’t want to discuss anything with you because I saw no reason to. Now I’m bored.

Like I said, bring forth your evidences.
Fuego1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
why do the violent/abhorrent passages in the Qur'an 'need context' yet the positive passages in the Qur'an need no context?
Fuego1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by tdpr_)
Initially, I didn’t want to discuss anything with you because I saw no reason to. Now I’m bored.

You gotta walk before you can run. Why don't you try answering a simple question that's needs a yes or a no as an answer.

if I give you evidence, you're just gonna reject it out of blind indoctrination or blabber on about the 'things were different back then' or 'you've taken things out of context'
Fuego1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by tdpr_)

Surely you know your own religion better than an evil kuffar like me. so you should be able to form an opinion on one of the teachings
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (481)
59.46%
Yes- I don't like it (43)
5.32%
No- I want it (231)
28.55%
No- I don't want it (54)
6.67%

Watched Threads