flexy123
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
So I’ve been accepted to anthropology at ucl but I want to change to the social sciences degree. I’m starting in 2020, is it possible that I email and they change?

Entry requirements for SS is AAA and I’m predicted A*A*A
ageshallnot
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by flexy123)
So I’ve been accepted to anthropology at ucl but I want to change to the social sciences degree. I’m starting in 2020, is it possible that I email and they change?

Entry requirements for SS is AAA and I’m predicted A*A*A
Yes it's possible but no-one here will know for certain. Ask UCL, not us.
artful_lounger
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You'll have to contact them to ask, but bear in mind they are under no obligation to entertain the request. The social sciences degree there is mainly administered by the departments of psychology and sociology, and so it will probably be different admissions tutors assessing your application if they did consider it. They may well have selected all the applicants they wish to take now (although that's unlikely).

However the only way to find out is to ask - and asking won't jeopardise your offer for anthropology, so you have nothing to lose. At worst you just have to continue in the degree you originally applied for.
ageshallnot
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
drop the attitude mate
My response was brief but factual. The next poster told you exactly the same thing.
araza005
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
what did UCL say, did they change?
flexy123
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
They said you will have to do an internal transfer, which essentially means that once you start your course in September, if there is space and you meet the grade requirements you can. But, this is not guaranteed and very difficult. Why? Do you plan on changing courses?
lionpunkgirl
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
They said you will have to do an internal transfer, which essentially means that once you start your course in September, if there is space and you meet the grade requirements you can. But, this is not guaranteed and very difficult. Why? Do you plan on changing courses?
Hey! For reference, I know quite a few people who switched between Social science to social science with quant methods (it's now with data science) but as it was within the department, it was probs easier. I know its been a while but I would suggest emailing the social science programme leader and display interest and why you want to switch. I'm now in my second year so let me know if you have any questions.
flexy123
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
(Original post by lionpunkgirl)
Hey! For reference, I know quite a few people who switched between Social science to social science with quant methods (it's now with data science) but as it was within the department, it was probs easier. I know its been a while but I would suggest emailing the social science programme leader and display interest and why you want to switch. I'm now in my second year so let me know if you have any questions.
Hey, thank you so much for this. UCL now confirmed they have no space for 2020, but for 2021 entry so I am now taking a gap year.
lionpunkgirl
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hey, thank you so much for this. UCL now confirmed they have no space for 2020, but for 2021 entry so I am now taking a gap year.
Hey,

That's great. If you have any questions about the course, feel free to message me!
Last edited by lionpunkgirl; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (193)
43.67%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (50)
11.31%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (35)
7.92%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (93)
21.04%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (46)
10.41%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (25)
5.66%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise