Kubsyy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hello,

After my prelims and assuming will be in February. I will be picking subjects for S6. I’m planning to pick: Nat 5 maths, Crash higher physics and Higher computing (And also higher business if I don’t get the grade that I want this year). But i want to do 4 or 5 subjects. So, what are the easiest highers to crash?
SQAMong
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Kubsyy)
Hello,

After my prelims and assuming will be in February. I will be picking subjects for S6. I’m planning to pick: Nat 5 maths, Crash higher physics and Higher computing (And also higher business if I don’t get the grade that I want this year). But i want to do 4 or 5 subjects. So, what are the easiest highers to crash?
Don't think about the easiest to crash, think about the highers that you're going to want if applying to University. I would personally suggest Higher Maths, Higher English, Higher Physics, (A Social Science), (Preferred STEM subject). The initial three are more or less the fundamentals for any University degree with high prospects. Crashing higher physics, so long as you're good at problem solving, is a breeze. I'm currently crashing it, and really all you need to revise on is abstract ideas. So long as you're decent at maths, you'll be able to apply your knowledge to real life situations.
Kubsyy
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by SQAMong)
Don't think about the easiest to crash, think about the highers that you're going to want if applying to University. I would personally suggest Higher Maths, Higher English, Higher Physics, (A Social Science), (Preferred STEM subject). The initial three are more or less the fundamentals for any University degree with high prospects. Crashing higher physics, so long as you're good at problem solving, is a breeze. I'm currently crashing it, and really all you need to revise on is abstract ideas. So long as you're decent at maths, you'll be able to apply your knowledge to real life situations.
The problem with maths is that head dept of maths put me into 2 yr nat 5 maths which I’m not really happy about so even if I tried to pick higher maths then they wouldn’t let me so I will do it in college. With English this is my hardest subject that I can’t and won’t do well because of english being my second language and RUAE being usually hard. and I don’t think my school offers STEM subject.

But thanks anyway
Last edited by Kubsyy; 3 weeks ago
AC79
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi, I wouldn't exactly say any highers are particularly 'easy' but you may find some better than other depending on how much you enjoy that subject and if you have any knowledge at all on them previously. I'm currently crashing physics and I would say it's fine if you are good at maths and a bit of problem solving. Maybe art? I did N5 art and started higher this year but then got moved into advanced higher so can't really comment on the higher course, I think it's a slightly more complex course than N5(?) though and would be great if you are quite a creative person! A lot of people I know this year are crashing business, they seem to be doing quite well in it too. As someone who did N5 and higher History I probably wouldn't recommend crashing it unless you have previously done modern studies or are a big essay/ historian person. If you're good with languages then maybe French or German or something?
Hope this helped a little, good luck!
Kubsyy
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by AC79)
Hi, I wouldn't exactly say any highers are particularly 'easy' but you may find some better than other depending on how much you enjoy that subject and if you have any knowledge at all on them previously. I'm currently crashing physics and I would say it's fine if you are good at maths and a bit of problem solving. Maybe art? I did N5 art and started higher this year but then got moved into advanced higher so can't really comment on the higher course, I think it's a slightly more complex course than N5(?) though and would be great if you are quite a creative person! A lot of people I know this year are crashing business, they seem to be doing quite well in it too. As someone who did N5 and higher History I probably wouldn't recommend crashing it unless you have previously done modern studies or are a big essay/ historian person. If you're good with languages then maybe French or German or something?
Hope this helped a little, good luck!
Thanks for response

With Art I hate it because I’am really bad at drawing so I wouldn’t cope with it.

With history/modern studies I have done nat 4 history because I thought that nat 5 would be too hard so I asked for nat 4 (kinda regret it)

And I’m already doing nat 5 Spanish

I will be defo crashing physics and tbh I’m very good at algebra (I love it actually) but I hate geometry and calculating area of shapes, volumes and etc.

But thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Ravensbourne University London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (407)
67.95%
No (192)
32.05%

Watched Threads