Why do people choose not to drive Watch

Dont know01
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by ThuggerThugger)
So how is it more enjoyable?
No longer have to wait for public transport, cruise alone, have the radio on, put your heating or aircon on, freedom etc. Its also so the feeling that you can drive will be really good, its something you work hard for. With public transport you have to wait around work around everything its so fustrating. Driving you can just get in a car whenever wherever.
ThuggerThugger
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Dont know01)
No longer have to wait for public transport, cruise alone, have the radio on, put your heating or aircon on, freedom etc. Its also so the feeling that you can drive will be really good, its something you work hard for. With public transport you have to wait around work around everything its so fustrating. Driving you can just get in a car whenever wherever.
I didnt ask you, Im talking about how is driving his new car more enjoyable to his old one... I drive a car mate I’m aware of the pros and cons.. not being funny but you’ve not even passed your test yet so not sure why you are talking to me like I am the driving noob.
Dont know01
Rep:
?
I didnt ask you, Im talking about how is driving his new car more enjoyable to his old one... I drive a car mate I’m aware of the pros and cons.. not being funny but you’ve not even passed your test yet so not sure why you are talking to me like I am the driving noob.
I think they are the reasons why driving is enjoyable and Im sorry I talked to you like that, im just covinced im going to enjoy driving when I pass my test
ThuggerThugger
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I think they are the reasons why driving is enjoyable and Im sorry I talked to you like that, im just covinced im going to enjoy driving when I pass my test
Well hopefully you do I was once like you now all I do is drive and bich about traffic and other drivers.
StriderHort
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
So how is it more enjoyable?
To me anyway?

Overall quality, the interior especially since that's where i'll be sitting most of the time, my Corsa was an 08 and grotty, squeaky, just urgh. MY SLK is an 02 yet utterly gorgeous, it's nicer than my house and I genuinely like spending time in it.

I like having more power, not so much speed as acceleration, nice satisfying engine roar and a push of G force brings a smile to my face.

Bit of basic vanity as well, I like driving something nice and being seen driving something nice, not so much expensive, but definitely stylish. It's like the wee perk up you get from a new haircut or suit ect.
Dont know01
Rep:
?
(Original post by StriderHort)
To me anyway?

Overall quality, the interior especially since that's where i'll be sitting most of the time, my Corsa was an 08 and grotty, squeaky, just urgh. MY SLK is an 02 yet utterly gorgeous, it's nicer than my house and I genuinely like spending time in it.

I like having more power, not so much speed as acceleration, nice satisfying engine roar and a push of G force brings a smile to my face.

Bit of basic vanity as well, I like driving something nice and being seen driving something nice, not so much expensive, but definitely stylish. It's like the wee perk up you get from a new haircut or suit ect.
Is the corsa you daily driver then you have an slk for fun?
ThuggerThugger
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
To me anyway?

You crack me up man
StriderHort
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Is the corsa you daily driver then you have an slk for fun?
The Corsa is a bad memory I only had it a few months before it was scrapped but just urgh, never enjoyed it, actively avoided going out in it.

I have the use of a 17 Fiesta just now, which is nice, all gadgets, super efficient, def better than the Corsa, but I still don't enjoy it much. I love driving the SLK, and I was pretty fond of it's Audi sister before it. So despite it being a sort of rolling project I spend most of my time in it.
Dont know01
Rep:
?
The Corsa is a bad memory I only had it a few months before it was scrapped but just urgh, never enjoyed it, actively avoided going out in it.

I have the use of a 17 Fiesta just now, which is nice, all gadgets, super efficient, def better than the Corsa, but I still don't enjoy it much. I love driving the SLK, and I was pretty fond of it's Audi sister before it. So despite it being a sort of rolling project I spend most of my time in it.
Vauxhall arent the best
ForeverAnonymous
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I’ve always been of this mindset for some reason. I guess I don’t know what the future holds and one day I’ll probably give into the car life, since it’s a lot quicker and more convenient, but I just think you can save so much money travelling via buses or even cycling, which obviously has its health benefits too. Andddd I don’t really trust myself on the road, so I’m scared about crashing LOL
Dont know01
Rep:
?
(Original post by ForeverAnonymous)
I’ve always been of this mindset for some reason. I guess I don’t know what the future holds and one day I’ll probably give into the car life, since it’s a lot quicker and more convenient, but I just think you can save so much money travelling via buses or even cycling, which obviously has its health benefits too. Andddd I don’t really trust myself on the road, so I’m scared about crashing LOL
Many people wait till they are older, i think you will probably trust yourself then go I need to drive.
Lyndsey.95
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
They prefer using public transport.
MoonlightRain
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Because I can’t afford it. And not in the position to be even thinking of that when my life is messed up. There Are much bigger things to worry about basically

I will definitely learn once I’m at uni
LTEcactus
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by adam271)
I think £500 is a fair guide of the cost of servicing a car.
Because over the life of a car you will have to replace brakes/tyres and other unexpected repairs (eg. clutch).
For £150 you can get a MOT and a basic service with oil change but not much else.
Brake pads aren't hugely expensive, servicing is normally like £150-300 each year for a minor service and £500-1000 for a major service (the £1000 being the 10th service)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (497)
59.81%
Yes- I don't like it (43)
5.17%
No- I want it (235)
28.28%
No- I don't want it (56)
6.74%

Watched Threads