The Student Room Group

bf turns out to be dads cousin. wtf shall i do

well he was gonna be my bf but im not sure now

ive recently found out that a boy ive been talking to is my dads cousin.
his dad (my dads uncle) and his mum got divorced when he was like 2 and no one speaks to the dad as he's disappeared to god knows. Anyway i dont think he knows this and i dunno if i should bring it up to him. Would it be weird if we dated. And IF we had kids will they have some sort of defect. What shall i do?

his mum and my mum are also really good friends which i recently also found out. Basically my mum and I went to drop something off at hers and as per usual we stayed for hours. he wasnt home tho but i did notice his older brother then thats when my mum start saying 'oh you know he's your dads cousin' and how he has a brother the same age as me. Then they both started talking about how they remember when we were born and blah blah

sorry for the long post but what do y'all think. im shook AF

IF we were dated would it be weird? and IF we had kids would they have some sort of defects. and shall i stop talking to him romantically?

ps i posted this on another forum but didnt get any responses
do not date family members.
I wouldn't advise you to date any: blood relative, family member by marriage, coworker, flatmate or your friends ex.
You don't need that kind of hassle or social stigma.
I would reccommend against it. Though, you should be honest with him, and tell him why it wouldn't be possible - then he'd understand why you couldn't, as opposed to him thinking he'd done something wrong. :yep:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending